Preview of Chapter 5

A/N At the moment this is what I have for chapter Five. It is not edited yet seeing as I am writing this at school instead of reading (without asking for permission). I've got to go, sorry that I'm taking so long!

---------------------------

Percy POV

We made a run for it. Annabeth and I dashed down the street, weaving through the pedestrians. WHY did The Fates want to mess with us again? Didn't they do enough already? Didn't we do enough? There was a reason that nobody knew how badly we were affected. Being the leaders of Camp, if we broke down, so would everybody else. It just wasn't fair, but then again life isn't fair.

"Percy," Annabeth tugged on my sleeve, "Something's wrong, can you feel it?" I stopped cold. The air was too still, it was getting quiet. Wait, this is New York, it's never quiet. We whirled around. Everybody and everything seemed to be slowing down. They still looked alert, but showed no signs of something being wrong. A lady was jogging by us, but she was moving slower and slower till she stopped. No, till she froze.

Annabeth's breath hitched. "Look," she pointed to some trash cans, "Look at the bugs." I walked a little closer to the trash can. The bugs, what's so special about the- Ohhh. The flies that you always see near trash cans were frozen mid-flight. I looked at the clock in a shop nearby. The second hand wasn't moving. I ran to another store to check its clock, the second hand wasn't moving. I ran up and down the block, checking watches and clocks and none of them were ticking. It was like The Titan war, except people weren't in an endless sleep, they were frozen in time.