Chapter One

This summer already looked boring.

I had written off this summer as 'hellish', 'boring' and 'dull'. And today, first day of the summer holidays, my prediction looked just about right. Great. I mean, sitting on your bed with earplugs stuck in your ears and doing absolutely nothing isn't very glamorous. I bet other Irish 16 year old girls would be doing something like skiing or going to a beach with heaps of hot lifeguards. And here I'm stuck in Dublin, doing nothing. Nothing at all.

So when Jackie rang up to invite me shopping with her, I jumped at the invitation. I mean, shopping with Jackie is never boring. And you never know, I could find something to wear to my older sister's wedding in two months. Patricia had been nagging me for AGES about getting something 'fancy' to wear, and 'fancy' isn't really my style.

'Maeve! Hurry the hell up!'

Holy cow, Jackie was here already. Now would be a good time to go into 'panic mode'. I had been too busy day dreaming this morning, but not enough time preparing for my little 'outing'.

'Coming!' I yell to her from my bedroom, and grabbing my handbag, in one long stride I exited my room and scrambled downstairs.

'Bye Mum! Bye Dad! I'm going out with Jackie! I'll be back at 3:00!'

I barely had time to hear their replies, as I had whirled out the door and plonked myself in Jackie's car.

'Hey Jackie,' I greet, as I shut the car door and Jackie started the engine.

'What's-'

'What the hell are you wearing, Maeve?' Jackie immediately screeches at me, cutting me off in the process. She scans my attire. 'Jeans? Seriously?'

'You can't go wrong with jeans,' I point out, as Jackie steered.

'Uhh, yeah you can,' she snaps back, glaring at me. 'We're going SHOPPING, Maeve. Not just some gay little trip to the park.'

'Whatever,' I answer, frowning slightly at Jackie's bad mood. Jackie was never mad at me. Ever. We had been best friends since the start of high school. She never told me off for wearing jeans to go shopping.

'Sorry,' winced Jackie, reading my mind, as always. 'I'm just in a bad mood today.'

'That's fine,' I tell her, grinning. 'So-o-o, what are you planning to get?'

* * *

It wasn't very long when Jackie had to leave. She told me apologetically, that her mother rang up and she had to go home. She didn't say why though; so I didn't ask. It was probably personal.

I wave goodbye to Jackie, as she races out of the store, her arms laden down with shopping bags. I turn and retreat to the changing room, to try on a dress that might, just MIGHT, be the one to wear at Pat's wedding. Hurrah, I thought sarcastically. Now it has to pass the 'Patricia McDonald' wedding test.

I left the dress on the hook regretfully. I will come back later with Patricia, I promised myself, as I steered out of the changing room, holding bags and bags of clothing items.

CRASH.

Holy cow. I rubbed my head and looked around, dazed.

I was sitting on the floor, in the corner of the shopping centre. This was freaking embarrassing.

A hand helped me get to my feet. I brushed myself off, angrily.

'Watch it,' I scowl, not bothering to look at the idiot who knocked me over, as I turned on my heel to go.

'Wait!' A strong arm grabbed my wrist. 'I'm sorry.'

I was forced to look up at the dude's face. I couldn't really see his expression, since his eyes were shieled by dark glasses. But the guy's mouth was twisted in concern. 'You okay?' he asked me gently.

I stiffly nodded.

'You sure?' The guy raised his glasses to look me in the eye, and that was when I almost fainted.

Holy shit. I just bumped into Niall Horan.

*HEYZO! I'm not pleased with this first chapter T_T I sort of rushed it a bit, cos I was struggling to find the flippin' 'publish' button. -.- it took us basically 3 weeks to do the blurb-y bit :P So far we have 1 read.... So yay! :D thank youuu my jewel! It'd be awkward if the 1 read counted as moi.... Holy cow it was probably me.. Asdfghjkl. The things Lucie does. xD