S E V E N T Y

Erika's pov
Jake helps me down the stairs. My mom and his mom follow close behind us. We walk out the front door. My mom shuts and locks the door. They get in Jakes car while I get in the passenger seat of my car.

Erika: Oh can you get my pillow!

Jake nods. He gets the keys off my mom. I shut my door and put my seatbelt on. Shannon replys to me.

Shannon Curry: OMG SO EXCITING! I packed all the camera stuff last night, luckily! It shouldn't take me very long to get there, See you soon! 😘

I reply with a kissy emoji. Jake gets in the front seat. He passes me my pillow.

~

I breath through the contractions.

Jake: Almost there Babe

I take another deep breath. I squeeze Jakes hand. We pull up into the private parking. He turns off the car and gets out. I take another deep breath and the contraction slows down. He opens my door.

Jake: Finished?

Erika: Mostly

I take off my seatbelt and he helps me out of the car. My mom and Pam walks over. My mom grabs my pillow. I grab my phone. Jake shuts the door. He gets the suitcases out of the back.

Pam: I'll take two so you can hold her hand.

Jake nods. Pam pulls my suitcase and the twins while Jake pulls him. He holds my hand and we walk in.

RL: Erika Costell?

Erika: Yes

RL: Lisa will be to your room shortly, I'll page the nurse taking care of you.

She grabs the phone.

RL: Can you tell Maya to come down now? Thank you. Bye.

She puts the phone down.

RL: Are you in any pain at all?

Erika: Only when I have a contractions, I'm just a little uncomfortable at the moment.

RL: Okay Erika this is your nurse Maya, she will be taking care of you.

Maya: Let's go!

We follow Maya to a room. She opens the door and we walk in. A better room then I imagined.

Maya: I have your gown laying on the end of the bed, I'll go grab the monitors. Will you be okay to get into that?

I nod. She walks out of the room. Pam and my mom out the suitcases in the corner of the room. My mom puts my pillow on the bed. My mom and Pam sit on the couch.

Jake: Do you want me to help you?

I nod. Jake picks up the gown and we walk into the bathroom. He shuts the door. I take my hoodie off leaving me in a sports bra.

Jake: Why Do you want me to do?

Jakes pov
Somethings wrong.

Jake: Babe? What's wrong?

She bursts into tears. I instantly wrap my arms around her. She cries into my chest. I let her cry before I say anything. She settles a bit.

Jake: Whats wrong?

Erika: I'm s-scared.

Jake: It's okay Rik, What parts are you scared about?

Erika: The pushing... The pain... and the What comes next. Once they babies are good we have to take them home. Then we have two little people to take care of.

Jake: Rik you are the strongest women I know. If anyone can do it, I know you can. I'm gonna be here for you the whole way. I love you and I'd do anything for you.

I peck her on the lips.

Erika: Thank you, I love you too.

We both smile. I wipe her tears away with my thumb. She changes into the gown. I tie it up at the back. We walk out of the bathroom. I hold her hand.

Maya: Is everything okay?

Jake: She's just a bit nervous.

Maya: I completely understand. I had twin boys last year. I had them naturally and yes it was a lot of pain but, I know so many people probably already told you this but that feeling when you hold those little babies is incredible!

Erika's pov
I nod.

Maya: It literally makes you feel like superwoman getting those babies out of you.

I smile.

Erika: What about after they were born?

Maya: Well after they were born it was challenging but all the sleepless nights and everything is so worth it. My husband was deployed overseas at the time so the first few months was just me myself and i, You'll Do Fine Erika. Now let's check up on these babies shall we. If you'll lay down on the bed.

I sit on the bed. She moves the back up a bit to sit me up. I lay back. She starts setting the monitors up on my stomach.

Maya: So since I haven't really introduced myself much, I'm Maya and I will be looking after you while you're here. I'll also help you after the babies are born and I'll be looking after them with you. So you're Erika. I assume this is the baby daddy?

Erika: Yes, Jake. This is my mom, Angel. That's Jakes mom, Pam.

Maya: Nice to meet you all. Okay, So this will track the heartbeat.

She moves it around my stomach. I hear the heartbeats. She straps it down.

Maya: and this will track your contractions.

I nod. She shows me a few more things.

Maya: This may seem weird but have I seen you guys somewhere?

I look at Jake.

Jake: Well... Probably.

Maya: Don't worry! I'm not gonna tell anyone! I love my job and would never want to loose it, I respect people privacy.

Erika: It's all very private.

Maya: I totally understand! Lisa should be here soon-

There's a small knock on the door and Lisa walks in.

Lisa: Sorry I'm late.

She rolls her little chair over.

Lisa: Maya how are they babies?

Maya: Babies are great, no stress at all and heartbeat is normal.

Lisa: Awesome! Let's see how dilated you are Erika. This may be quite uncomfortable.

Jakes pov
I hold Erika's hand. Lisa checks everything she needs to.

Lisa: Okay Erika, you're at approximately 3 cm. So you still have quite along way to go.