Chapter Seven ... Settling The Tab

POV
A'mosh

I have no idea why I let that vampire stay, I was endangering the lives of all my pack members

I have no idea why I let that vampire stay, I was endangering the lives of all my pack members. All for what, to keep a smile on Adam's face?

That fucking smile, seeing it lights up my day, even when I'm in a shitty mood, that smile just brightens me up.

He was so happy when the vampire Abraham came to tell us that Ronnie woke up. "He's still unstable, but he'll be right as rain after he eats," Abraham explained.

"Is he mad at me?" Adam asked. "Yes... And no, he's mad because it wasn't his choice, but he already admitted he would have done the same thing." Abraham answered.

"I was wondering, as you are very close to my Eternal, I saw his life and you are held dear to him. How would I go about ... Pursuing him...?" Abraham questioned.

"You want my help?" Adam asked, losing all fear of the vampire. "I would very much like that, yes." He answered. "Okay then, let's clean you up," Adam said taking Abraham's hand and dragging him off.

I watched him with a smile, before walking over to my desk and sitting down.

I was sitting there for a while, going over pack accounts, writing checks that would be handed out to the pack members.

As I wrote the last check, somebody knocked on my door. "Come in," I called, the door opened, and Shawn, Keaton, and Brandon walked in.

"What's going on?" I asked as they stood in front of me, almost surrounding me. "We need to talk Alpha." Keaton started.

"About what Gamma." I said, smirking at him, "Come on, we're all friends, what's with the Alpha shit?" I asked.

"Look, what's going on with you?" Brandon asked, throwing his hands in the air. "I don't know what you mean," I said.

"Come on A'mosh, what's up with you and Adam? I mean you're letting a vampire and his Eternal lover who's a newborn vampire stay on pack land." Shawn said, being the first to sit.

"Okay I know it's awkward, but he was in a tight spot, and while Adam is in our territory, while he's my guest, his problems are our problems," I responded.

"I mean, that's cool, but it's never been the protocol before so what's different. Is Adam our Luna?" Keaton asked, joining Shawn in sitting.

"W-what no..." I stuttered, thinking how great life would be if he were the Luna of my pack if he were my mate.

"Okay, so do you have feelings for him?" Shawn asked. "I-I may," I mumbled. "Finally he admits it," Brandon said.

"Why not make him your artificial Luna, I mean not everyone gets a true mate, maybe you should take this piece of happiness," Shawn added.