Chapter Three ... Mania

POV
A'mosh

Fuckin Adam had been on my mind for days, it's like I was thirsty for him, it was an almost-hunger, but as Alpha, my duties to the pack come first

See pack hierarchy is not difficult at all, especially in America.

Most American packs have been around for at least sixty years, the really powerful packs are the old ones, packs like mine, which descended from the two-hundred-year-old pack called Brickston.

The hierarchy goes like this, the Alpha is at the top, equal to him or her, is the Luna, the female or male mate of the Alpha.

Next is the Beta and his mate, then the Gamma and his mate, they are third in command.

Then there are warrior wolves, strong pack members who help the Alpha, Beta and Gamma protect the pack, against rogues, other packs, hunters, and any other threat to our families.

There are boarder wolves, our first line of defense, these wolves patrol the borders, having the sharpest senses, these wolves can hear and spot rogues and other threats quicker than even an Alpha.

After the border wolves, there are the pack members, their only duty is to help the pack run sufficiently. These wolves have no responsibility other than their chosen field.

Some help looks after the children, some grow vegetables and raise the small game, others hunt, some are carpenters.

We have people who build houses, most packs, the ones with more than a hundred members, they tend to be totally self-sufficient.

At the bottom of this hierarchy is Omega. Weaker wolves, those males are capable of going into heat and being impregnated.

They are known for their quiet and gentle nature.

Omega are regarded with the highest respect in my pack, they work as nurses in doctors in the pack infirmary. It was the she-wolf Sarah that I gave the order to feed Adam, she'd been doing a good job so far.

I wanted to be the one taking him his food, I told myself that was because he was shiny and new, but then the jackass that is my wolf had to speak, reading my mind. 

{You're never like this with the others, have you given up on our mate, human?} He asked. Contrary to popular belief, the wolf side of us Were's are not simple-minded animals.

No... The same way we can use their speed, strength, and form, they can use our knowledge, speech, and form. They know what we know, feel what we feel, and see what we see.

{He's fun, you'd rather spend money on sex slaves, stolen by that filthy demon. I'm going to enjoy him while I have him} I thought back, smirking when he cut off our connection with a snarl.

I was busy, super busy. That morning was spent going over pack budgets, food, electricity, cable, basic shit. The bigger the pack, the more money given by the wolven council. Most packs like mine, have an almost endless supply of money.