Chapter 5: Trust

"Yours please. Char will be there making it impossible for us to just stay home." Turner nodded at Becky's words. He could tell something was off with her.

"Bex whats up? Is there a reason you don't want to go out?" She sighed as her fingers intertwined with his.

"I just don't trust them." He looked at her for a moment signaling for her to continue. "Char and Paige don't have the best reputations." His eyes met hers for before he knew exactly what she was thinking.

"Irish. Do you not see who's name is plastered across my body? Did you not realize the only name that came out of my mouth was yours? Do you not realize that I am absolutely fucking head over heels for you? There's nothing to worry about Bex." She studied his face as his eyes were trained on the road in front of him.

"Well it took you long enough." He laughed just as his hand gently squeezed hers. "The feeling mutual by the way Smiles." Her nickname for him was true as the smile that crossed his face was contagious. When they were finally at his house nearly an hour later Becky had fallen asleep in the passengers seat. "Leave me alone." She muttered as he carefully moved her head to rest against the center console.

It was seconds later that her door was opened and he had carefully maneuvered her into his arms. He opened the door as her head nuzzled into his neck.

"Becky." He said softly once they were finally in his room. She grumbled incoherently before she was set on the bed. "Bex." One of her eyes opened. "You need to change your pants." She rolled her eyes before they were slipped off her body just as she pulled the blankets up.

"Come on. I'm cold." He laughed lightly before he quickly changed. He didn't even bother to put a shirt on. All he wanted was to do cuddle with the redhead laying in his bed. "Why is your bed so comfortable?" She groaned as her face buried into his neck.

"Because you're here." He said softly before her head tilted. Her nose gently brushed his causing his eyes to close. As her eyes closed she could feel his breath on her lips. When his lips barely brushed hers they were jolted apart by her phone ringing. As she pulled away his head hit the pillow.

"What do you want?" Becky said rather annoyed as her eyes scanned the vast expanse of skin she had in front of her.

"Why aren't you here?" Charlotte whined music blasting in the background.

"Because." Becky eyes were focused on Turner. "We'll come out tomorrow. I promise." She said before the phone was hung up and turned off.

"Not even going to ask me?" She laughed as she moved to rest her head on his chest.

"It's not like I need to. You'd say yes anyway." His arm gently wrapped around her.

"I guess you're right." He said quietly before her fingers began to run along the bare skin she had access to. Neither one could understand what was happening. Their comfort level was off the charts and they hadn't even kissed yet. "Irish?"

"Hmm?" Was all he got as she cuddled even closer to him.

"I missed you." Her lips brushed his cheek gently.

"I missed you too Smiles." As her head buried into his neck he turned. Slowly his arms wound around her as her hands moved to rest along his abs. As a kiss was placed to his neck his nose buried into her hair.

Slow meaningful actions were all that were exchanged before the two were asleep.

When Becky finally opened her eyes they fell upon Turners scrunched face. Slowly she adjusted before her arms were around his neck gently soothing him.

"It's alright love." She whispered softly. She could feel how tense he was. She could tell he was having a nightmare. "It's okay Turner. I've got you." She knew not to wake him in this type of situation. Slowly her fingers coaxed him awake. His face buried into her neck as his breathing slowed. "Fella you alright?" He nodded as he slowly calmed.

"Just a nightmare thas'all." He finally replied. Her fingertips gliding along his scalp drew a long sigh from his lips.

"What was it about Smiles?" She didn't want to push him but she also wanted to see if he was willing to share.

"My dad. One night he was drunk came into the room with a baseball bat. He beat me for over an hour as I laid there pretending I was asleep so it wouldn't get worse." His words stabbed her heart like a hot knife. "It's one of those dreams that doesn't want to go away." She didn't even know what to say. As his nose brushed along her skin she cuddled closer to him. It was sharing like this that brought the two closer.

"Why do you trust me so much?" She asked quietly after the longest time. He slowly removed his head from her neck before they were finally at eye level.

"For the same reason that you do." Becky hands slowly slid before they were resting along his cheeks. Her thumbs carefully brushed along Turners skin just as he leaned into her touch. His hands moved up her sides before his arms were around her slowly pulling her closer. "You realize you make me never want to leave this bed?" She laughed lightly.

"You realize you make it hard for me to leave?" As Turner got closer his lips gently met her cheek.

"I'll always be here you don't have to worry about that." He spoke softly and carefully. He brought a smile to Becky's face before her hands moved from his face. His arms tightened around her. "You're not leaving just yet." He whined before she was finally able to get free from his grasp. As she stood she spoke.

"Come on. We have to get up at some point." He groaned before he took her outstretched hands. Before he even sat up his eyes met hers.

"One thing before I get up." She raised an eyebrow at him. She could tell he was nervous from his clammy hands. "Have dinner with me before we go out with everyone." She pondered it as he stood up.

"Only if I get to pick the place." He lightly laughed.

"As long as I pay." He replied smoothly a smile on his face. "Come on Irish. Live a little." She faked a huff before she finally answered his original question.

"Fine. I guess." Becky paused as she eyed him up and down. "It's a date fella." A smile grew on his face. "Bout damn time you finally asked Smiles." His lips gently met her cheek for the second time that morning.

"Just wanted the time to be right."