Chapter 25

A/N sorry for the late update. Had a busy week! ☹️

Mark's P.O.V
I had messed up big time with Jordan and even after that she kissed me. I was damn sure she wouldn't if I wouldn't have marked her. But tomorrow was her heat. For once I can be sure that I can control myself, but I don't know about the other non mated wolves.
I was at the kitchen with my sisters who were still mad me having dinner when a shrill voice reached my ear.
"Mark! What the hell?!"
And I chose to ignore Vanessa's cribbing.
"Mark you said I was your Luna." Her voice was low and sad, I turned to look at her. Her nose was swollen and she was really hurt, this made me feel so guilty. It felt like I used her.
"I am sorry." I said it softly but I did hear gasps.
"You are what?" Her voice was shocked but hurt was evident in it.
"I am sorry Vanessa. But I can't help it. I love her too much. The mate bond is too strong."
I looked at my sisters, they were shocked too but their eyes held pride. Jordan was already changing me. I was never the type who apologized.
"It's ok. I wish I too had a mate to understand that bond."
"You had one but you were too power hungry and rejected that guy." Stacey answered her bitterly.
"Yes I was greedy but I loved Mark." Guilt prominent in Vanessa's voice.
"Do you know where he is?" She asked me.
"He went rogue because of you. We lost our finest warrior!" Stacey screamed at her.
"Stacey please let me talk to her."
"Yes I do know where he is. Karl is my friend even though he is a rogue and even after I declared to make you my Luna, I have always made it a point to know his whereabouts so that I can protect him."
"Can you call him back?" She asked me with hope.
"Do you think he would after what you did to him." Stacey snapped yet again.
"Stacey that is enough!" I screamed at her. She and Jess left the kitchen immediately after that.
"I will try my best to convince him Vanessa."
"Thank you." She left after saying that. I was staring at the pasta which was still untouched by me.
What are you doing to me Jordan.
She is changing you to a good human, a wolf with a spine instead of the doofus you were.
My wolf spoke to me for the first time after so many days. He shut himself up when the training ground incident happened. He was head over heels in love with her since he first laid his eyes on her. He was ready to do anything she said so that he could make her happy. He waited for his mate since a long time.
After the training ground incident he was mad at me for denying our mate.
Dan I am sorry. Dan was my wolf's name.
Make her happy. She wants she wolves to train and somewhere deep down you know what she is saying is right!
I will try Dan.
No you won't try! You will do it. Stacey and Jason's mate's would have been alive if your father wasn't crazy as he was!
Never again talk about him like that.
You know that you lived a lie your entire life! Didn't you hear your mother tell Jordan the stories? You were eves dropping and yet you don't believe your own mother ?!
I know what dad did okay and I wouldn't want to ruin what memories I have of his. He was my hero.
Good! But the at least don't be like him and instil pain in your mate. She has been through a lot!
What do you mean by that ?
Wolves talk. I talk to hers. Sara. She is beautiful and for marking her. She has told me a lot about Jordan and her previous life. Sara loves me a lot!
Then tell me what she has gone through!
You should bond with your mate and I am sure she will open up to you.
And with that he shut our link. To be true, I have never seen Dan so happy and calm. He has always been aggressive and reckless which triggered me to do things. Sara was doing her mate magic on him and Jordan was doing hers. With a huff, I took another plate and put some pasta in it and walked towards Jordan's room.

I knocked twice but there wasn't any answer so I opened the door and walked in to find out an empty room. Immediately my heart beat raised. Did she leave me ?
She is in the shower you fool!
And of course Dan had to snap at me like that.
I heard the shower close and the washroom door open.
We both gasped looking at each other.
She was in her towel wrapped around her chest and her hair was dripping. I couldn't help it but a lusty growl escaped my throat.

"You should knock!" She screamed at me and walked in to the walk-in wardrobe to change.
She was wearing shorts and a baggy t shirt when she re-emerged.
"Why are you here?"
"I got you some food giving that you haven't eaten much lately."
"Are you stalking me?"
"Maybe I am. And anyway you need some energy for tomorrow."
She immediately stiffened when she was reminded of the heat.
"Hey hey , I will be there by your side the full time. I promise baby."
"Things could have been so different." She said phasing out.
"What do you mean?"
"If you would have listened to me. I wouldn't have to undergo the heat."
"I am so sorry baby. Forgive me for my past. Give me another chance. I promise to do as you say. Let me take this pain away."
"No! Leave the food and get out."
I didn't want to argue with her right now. I just hung my head low and left.

What have I done!