Chapter 30 Goodbye

Start from the beginning

Megan was getting ready as well

Megan was getting ready as well. She wore a dark blue gown with a slight makeup.

 She wore a dark blue gown with a slight makeup

"Let's get this over with." She said cheerfully.

At the ball...

"Alpha Hayden! Nice to see you again! This is your mate?" Alpha Giggs said.

Shut up. I don't wanna hear about this.

"Yes. She is." I replied.

"Absolutely gorgeous." He kissed Megan's hand.

"Thank you Alpha." She said sweetly.

Once he left, I tugged her on the shoulder.

"Don't do that again." I warned.

"Oh, are you getting all protective now? It was just a few days since I arrived." She flirted.

I growled.

"Fine fine. Don't go on alpha on me. I will stay away." She rolled her eyes.

Why did I act that way? Why did I feel...jealous?

The rest of the ball went smoothly till the after-party.

I had went to the washroom and told Megan to wait in the garden and when I came out, I went to the garden to see her making out with another alpha.

Something snapped in me so suddenly as I pounced on that alpha.

But...my wolf, Zane wasn't in control, I was.

He couldn't care less about Megan, but I, cared.

"You dare hit on her?" I questioned. Trying my hardest to control the teeth and claws from growing.

"Huh. And I thought you only had eyes on your mate." He laughed.

And I punched him once.

"Shut the fuck up. You know nothing."

"Nothing? Are you sure?" His eyes. Those are eyes I have definitely see before, and it angered me. Who...

I clenched my fist.

"Who are you."

"I think you would know me as..."

His mask disappeared into thin air and I saw the one face I wished I could've murdered a thousand times and more. The one face that had took my entire world away.

Dylan.

I grabbed him and pulled him up.

Zane took over and he attacked his stomach.

He coughed out blood.

More more more

"I doubt you should kill me." He coughed.

"Oh? Why not?" Two more claws scratched his chest.

"A-annabel."

There it was. The name I had forbidden anyone to say. The one name that could break me over and over again never ending. The one name I couldn't stand to hear.

I howled at the moon before clawing out his lungs.

He dropped to the floor and I saw his soul rise.

"I haven't died Hayden. And this isn't the last time you'll see me. This is only the beginning of your new hell. Haha!" The soul shone brightly before disappearing, along with his body.

I spun my head and saw Megan folding her arms and watching attentively.

"You."

"He's after me." She said softly.

"Why. Why why why Tell me!" I'm getting so annoyed right now.

"Don't yell at me Hayden. You have no rights."

"Rights? You want to tell me that now?!"

"I know. I know I am the spitting image of your mate, Annabel Ferrars."

"Don't mention her name!"

"Huh. Why not. "

*Growl*

"Listen Hayden. Annabel isn't dead. But you two can never see each other again. This is her punishment. But, the moon goddess has blessed her a few days with you to say goodbye. "

"What?"

"You heard me. And Dylan won't stop till he has completely killed her. But he will never catch her. He will never understand that. "

Diana.

"Diana. What does she know."

"I can't reveal anything else." She placed her finger on her lips.

And then, the stroke of midnight rang.

"Goodbye Hayden. Don't miss me too much." She blew a kiss at me.

And for a split second, she looked exactly like Annabel. Not even a spitting image.

It was the exact girl I had fell in love with. And the exact girl who had broken my heart.

"Anna-"

But she was gone. She was gone and once again, I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.