[OneShot Friday] Ghost With A Body P2

Hey! So I wasn't able to sneak an author's note last chapter since Wattpad starts to lag badly when hitting a certain 2k word mark, so I'm just gonna put it here.

This new series, "Ghost With A Body", will serve as a sequel to "Unexisting Saviour". This, obviously, takes place after Nick had found out that Ashlie gave up so much of her just so he could realize and live a full life. If you forgot what the lore of this mini-universe is all about, I suggest reading back to the original. It will refresh the details and help you get an explanation.

Now, without much further ado, let's continue with the second part.

~~~~××~~~~

Nick sat quietly inside his apartment, watching the snow fall by the large window that occupied one wall of the living room, providing most of the lighting in the room. It was spic and span, not a single dust to be seen on any surfaces, nor a single thing askew or out of place.

He'd sit on the seat he had pushed by the window to let the background memories brought about by Ashlie's Gift play like a little interactive show around him. It was faint, like the music you'd hear from the corner of the street on a particularly peaceful day. But it was vivid, and Nick felt like he was learning a bit of Ashlie everyday.

The dim surroundings slowly began to light up a warm orange. Nick turned his head towards the room to watch the memory play, his furniture and walls turning to a regal style that he had grown accustomed to see. The chandeliers and scones provided the warm light, and it felt like it was home to him even though he had never stepped foot in the place.

Though, he was bothered by one detail.

Each and every memory that had played, there were guards present, either standing in their posts or hovering nearby the three people he'd always see in the memories. But no one was around.

Hurried footsteps from around the corner of one end of the hallway grabbed Nick's attention and he turned his head to find one of the three people he'd come to recognize. He thought a guard would come from the rear, but he frowned when the lady continued alone.

She seemed in a rush, with the urgency written on her face as she grabbed the front of her skirt to break into a little jog. Nick, who was sitting in his reclining chair that happened to be in the middle of the carpeted hall, sat still, watching what was going to happen next.

The lady stopped right in front of him, causing him to raise a brow. The lady straightened up, pressing a hand to her chest to catch her breath. When gulping down a fresh batch of air, she took a deep breath, composing herself.

Her gaze locked straight on to Nick's, unnerving him enough to make him shift in his place. But he kept seated.

"You." the lady spoke, voice firm and full of authority, as expected of a queen. Nick looked behind him to see if there was an unseen person she was addressing to, but found none.

He slowly looked back at the lady, finding her gaze still on him. He pointed hesitantly at himself with a questioning stare.

"Yes," she lifted her hand with grace, pointing at him. "You. The one who holds my daughter's Gift."

Nick's eyes grew wide at the response. "... You can see and hear me?"

"You are an apparition here, but since I have the strongest sanguinic connection to my daughter, her Gift reveals you wholly to me. This is a royal communication pocket between the Primordial Timeline and your timeline, one of the only few communication pockets that has access to the Primordial Timeline -- you must know this as a Holder."