[OneShot Friday] Six over One

We want to fix our mistakes.

" I'm sorry."

No matter the price.

" I don't care if you talk trash even at my grave, if you could just hear my apology, it's enough."

Just to keep the person we love the most close to us.

" ...Jon... Buddy...?"

Even if the rift between them and us is irrepairable, we just press on and hope.

" I know you don't see me as your friend anymore, after what I've done to the team."

Hope that we can still bridge ourselves to them again.

" And I know how much you want to join them."

But some things just don't work out and it's better to stay away.

" But I want you to get out of this mess alive. I'm the one deserves to die more than anyone else.

" I'm going to use the unstability of my ship's core as a bomb and clear off these enemy fighter ships.

" And of course, increasing the unstability of the core requires manual intervention.

" So yeah, haha, I'll be there when it explodes. At ground zero. I now see why you told me to just blow up and die.

" Be happy, Jon, even without us.

" And this is insignificant to you, but I've always had feelings for you. I had to kill the entire team for the Red Army just for them to spare you.

" Well... I'm manually increasing the input of my ship's core... The core containment chamber is getting hotter and hotter at each second... Like the sauna that we all used to go to way before we got recruited into Wings Defense...

" This has been a wild ride, from start to finish.

" This was Dawn of Riku, Nebula Fighter-Class A... It's been an honor fighting with you."

Static enveloped Jon's ears and he took off his pilot helmet, the lights in it shutting off at the loss of contact.

He felt the afternoon breeze run through his emerald hair, ruffling it. Looking at the purple and orange sky, he saw faint stars slowly getting clearer.

He sighed, placing his helmet beside him before standing up and gently removing a black and blue checkered scarf that was wrapped around a gravestone.

Wrapping it around his neck, he walked away.

Jon's shiny black pilot helmet was left behind to accompany Dawn in his stay in the afterlife.

~~~~••×ו•~~~~

okay so originally, i was going to extend this but i somehow forgot to and left it in the drafts. now that i came back to it, i realized that it could be a stand-alone oneshot.

now before you bombard me with questions or tell me that this was one short but confusing oneshot, i want to put a disclaimer.

This oneshot is open for any interpretation for any endings and other parts of the oneshot.

Okay? Okay lmao