[OneShot Friday] After the Gray Clouds

Jon
It's kinda tiring to care for yourself after everyone turns their backs on you, huh?

Like, you've been trying to keep yourself together for a long time then you just notice that all this time you're slowly crumbling. And then you'll find that it's useless so you just let go and accept that you'll never be good and you finally slip into the abyss.

Ashlie
Even though we're slowly losing a part of ourselves, it doesn't mean that you won't try and keep what's left.

Jon
That's the thing.

Because nobody gives a crap about you, you start to think that if you just let go now, nobody will ever notice or know or even care.

Ashlie
I give a lot of shits about you, Jon. Not the normal stinky shits, but the highest quality of shits that could ever exist in the world.

If you ever feel like just throwing yourself in the abyss, I'll fucking try and grab you. I will notice. I will know.

I care.

Jon
I sometimes wonder what would happen if I just

Left tonight.

Would it rain in the morning?

Or will the sun shine as usual and the day will carry on like I didn't even happen?

Ashlie
It'd rain for me.

Jon
I don't want to be another person's rain.

Ashlie
Then don't leave.

You say that by leaving you'll be the rain. So don't.

Be the sun, be the rainbow, whatever. Just don't leave.

Jon
I

I can't be anyone's sun if I can't even

I.

I don't know how to actually care for others.

Everyday I live by textbook sympathy and compassion.

Ashlie
There's no such thing as unique sympathy and compassion.

If that's how you help others, then fuck it, let's go. There's no rules on sympathy and compassion.

Just don't leave tonight Jon.

Please.

>Jon is now offline.

>Jon is now online.

Jon
It rained today.

>Ashlie is now online.

Ashlie
After the rain comes a rainbow?