Almost as if the word had a magical effect, Fresh's Expression immediately changed at the word Voids.

'Are you sure?'

"Have I ever lied to you?"

Fresh swore under his breath and I heard him say something like "I thought I killed them."

'Hey Fresh, What're Voids?" I asked

"Voids, or levels as they're sometimes called, are... well, to put it simply, mini alternate dimensions. Each Void is capable of minor feats of magic that normal people wouldn't be able to do, such as breaking walls, creating pathways, et cetera. Though the only way to get this little ability is to dodge beats of Corrupted Energy that hurts you. If you're hit, you lose a limb or a part of you, but the injuries are all reversed once you beat the Void. If you're hit three times you're dead for real. If you're with others they can bring you back, before your soul's lost in the void forever. Only a few select people can Enter Voids, however."

'Can you?'

"I can. I can control the corrupted matter in them."

'What kinds of people can enter Voids?'

"Corrupted and... well, guess you can call them the 'Chosen ones', those four I fought for sure are."

'Who are they?'

"Ah, who knows what their names are? All I know that there're four of them, one has a Blue Square headphone design, One a Yellow Triangle, One a Green Pentagon and One an Orange Circle."

'Oh. They must be Tetra, Lumina, Quin and Pi.'

"Yeah, them- wait, WHAT???"

'Their names are Tetra, Lumina, Quin and Pi.'

"HOLD ON, YOU KNOW THEM?"

'They lived at the same Orphanage as I did. Lumina's in my class, Tetra's in my year, not in any of my classes but I know them, Quin's already Graduated and Pi's a a grade below me. They love doing crazy stuff and going on insane adventures, this kind of thing is typical of them, that's why I'm not surprised.'

"Wait wait wait... Hold on, tell me more about them."

The Shapes as we called them, were siblings - Even though their appearances suggested no blood relation, just the fact that they're unnaturally close and practically consider each other siblings - apparently found themselves in baskets outside the Orphanage as babies, all four in the same night. No note, no nothing. Quin was apparently the oldest, as he could already walk, Lumina and Tetra were just teething while Pi looked newborn. And the weirdest part? None of them had any genitals. It was weird, they were neither boy or girl, so we didn't know what to refer to them as, but soon enough Lumina was raised a girl, Quin and Pi Boys, although Pi later became Genderfluid, and Tetra never really saw the point in pronouns and just went with their original Gender neutrality; They/Them. I've seen it firsthand, Lumina gets changed with us in the girls changing room, instead of having privates, it's just... nothingness. It's like someone took off a piece of skin from her crotch and stretched it over her privates. it was almost as if she wasn't even naked, like she was just secretly wearing a skin-coloured leotard and pretended she was naked. She didn't even have boobs, not even nipples. I would assume her siblings were the same. Of course, they did get bullied for it often, but every time someone bullied any of them, Tetra would beat them up.

I guess that's what attracted Trist to them.

Trist was also an Orphan, and he was really really badly bullied. Even though Tetra was two years younger, Trist never left their side. It was because that Trist knew that Tetra scares away bullies, and hoped that being near them would chase away his own bullies. They eventually got close, and Tetra is the only one who has ever heard Trist speak. But even though Tetra had successfully chased away Trist's bullies, the damage had already been done. When he was 15, Trist tried to hang himself. The only reason he survived was because Tetra, who was 13 at the time, realised Trist was gone, had a really bad feeling, and went to find him. They barely managed to save him, and they found his wrists slashed with crimson scars. From that day on Trist never took off his Turtleneck sweater, even in summer, in order to hide the scars he got from his suicide attempt. Both the ones on his wrists and the ones on his neck. Part of the reason he doesn't like to talk was because the noose damaged his throat. I confided in him with my own Self Harm tendencies, and me with his, and we were close. But nonetheless, he always hung around Tetra and his three siblings/best friends. I dunno why, but they all call him Cube.