Northern Downpour

- Kellin's P.O.V - 

Tay and I were seated on my kitchen table, realizing it was the most comfortable spot in the house for some reason. I just sat there, swaying my legs while she continued rambling about something she saw at school today. I was just a bit off? I guess. It seems like everything that's been going on the past couple of weeks is just barely sinking in. Vic sitting with us at lunch, coming over unannounced, making jokes with us, everything. It was weird, Tay and I have actually just let it happen- after a long time of being assholes. My mom's noticed it aswell, dropping into my room when Vic's here, just telling us pointless things, that brought me to my next question- "Do you think Vic still likes me?" I blurted out, casting my eyes downward as soon as the question left my mouth. 

The question itself lingered around in the air for a few seconds, I wasn't quite able to see Tay's reaction due to my current 'Holy shit did I just ask that?' state. "I'd think so," Tay finally spoke up, "I mean, why would someone who doesn't like you put up with all of your shit?" she added in a chuckle to imply that she was only kidding. Though, she didn't have to- I am a pretty shit person. 

They say the good die young? Thank fuck I'm not a good person, right? 

I finally looked up at her, a knowing look crossed flashed in her eyes, before she shook it off. "Should I go talk to him? I mean, like, not- well, just to talk to him for a bit. I'm honestly just really confused." I bit my lip, eyes focusing on whatever they could. 

Tay pursed her lips, seeming lost in thought, "Yeah, that actually doesn't sound like such a bad idea," she grinned, "I'll head out now, my mom's going to freeeeak." she shrugged, putting on that tough facade she usually did when she was about to go home. In all of our years of being friends, I've never questioned it. My shoulders slumped down, then perked back up as soon as I remembered that I was- hopefully about to spend a whole afternoon with Vic. It's so strange how I actually hated him not too long ago. I mean, it's hard to hate that hot piece of a- "Bye!" Tay waved me off, giving me an over the shoulder glance. 

I snapped out of the trance I was about to fall into...thanks Tay

The walk to his house wasn't actually that long, though it wasn't short either. Who even invented walking, it's so lame. I mean, it was cool before people started considering it a work out. I mean, I could've driven over here, but that also just takes so long. I mean, with the stop signs and all. Life would just be better without walking, or physical movement in general. Except for when it's eating. My inner thoughts corrected me. I nodded a long, actually glad that my mind knows what's up. 

Before I knew it, I was standing right in front of the house I've gotten a little too familiar with. 'Shouldn't you have called him first?' I asked myself, shrugging when I got no response. 

My knuckles met with the door, three times. Then a fourth, for good measure. I heard the sound of footsteps coming closer, until BAM Vic Fuentes and all of his goddamn glory. His eyes widened as soon as they fell on me, "K-Kell, what're you doing here?" he asked, his smile faltering. 

I quirked an eyebrow, but decided not to ask any questions- related to that, at least. "I was wondering if you'd like to hang out, or something..." I trailed off quietly, chewing at the inside of my cheek, nervous habit. This was actually the first time I'd ever initiated anything with Vic, it was usually him asking me to go somewhere, or whatever. 

Vic seemed to contemplate it, sighing deeply, "Uh, I'm kind of busy right now," he mumbled, 

Well, that didn't feel so good. But hey, at least he wasn't telling me to drop dead. That would be a real ouchie. 

Fuck. 

I nodded, adding in a small shrug to sort of make it look like I didn't mind, "That's okay." I smiled, "I'll see you around...?" I'm not sure why that came out as a question, but it did, and I was walking away quickly before he even said anything back. 

Oh great, I've gone from being the queen of sass, to making an ass of myself in front of the same person. 

-

- Vic's P.O.V - 

As soon as I turned around I was greeted by Jaime, and his raised eyebrows. "That was Kellin, huh?" I nodded. "Look, you're already close with him, enough bullshit," his tone dripped with seriousness- we both just so happen to take our compromises really seriously. It's really bad for our friendship, really bad. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, staring at him in anticipation. 

Jaime rolled his eyes, "You make the first move!" he shouted, "Vic, you're already on his good side- who's to say he won't like you back?" 

"HIm." I mumbled, under my breath. Jaime didn't catch on. "How do you expect for me to do that?" I answered his question with yet, another question. 

He sighed, "You know that shit you do with girls, that whole 'I'm gonna kiss you when you least expect it and hope you kiss me back'? That. That's what you're going to do with Kellin." he was already set on that decision, no turning back now. 

"Alright, alright," I nodded. "I just have one more question, then you can go-" Jaime nodded, "When is it going to end? Like, when will I be able to break it off?" I asked, completely dreading his response. 

He adjusted his sweater, slowly, not looking at me until he was done, the last thing he said before he shut the front door was, "When you least expect it." 

I groaned, buring my head into the palm of my hands. Though, I didn't last long in that position. 

"What the fuck was that?" Mike asked. 

My eyes widened at the sound of his voice, playing dumb hardly ever works, but hey, "What the fuck was what?" plain and simple Victor, good job. I deserve a pat on the back, that's for sure. 

Mike narrowed his eyes in my direction, "What do you and Jaime have going on, and don't fucking lie to me," he warned, giving me a disressed look. 

I knew better than to lie to him, I also knew better than to lie to Tony, and to all of my other friends, "I can't tell you." I managed to say, making sure to keep my eyes from meeting his. 

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Just spill it, Vic." his voice was calm, his way of letting me know that he was not going to leave me alone until I told him what all of the hooplah was about. 

I groaned, "I don't really like Kellin," he opened his mouth to speak, but I beat him to it, "Jaime and I, we made a bet- and well, I lost. So now I have to date Kellin, it's no big deal." I shrugged halfheartedly. Though, in reality, I knew it was a huge deal. Over the past few weeks I've realized that Kellin isn't as bitchy as he makes himself out to be. He's actually really fucking cute, er- cool. Yeah, cool. 

Mike gave me an incredulous look, "No big deal? No big deal!?" he asked, seeming concerned, "Vic that is a huge fucking deal! You can't just go and fuck with someone elses' emotions just because of your fucking bad luck!" he'd began fuming, and not in the good way- if there is a good way. 

"Mike chill, it's really no big deal. It's not like we're going to fall in love." 

**********************

ooooooooooooh. 

So, I already kind of know what I'm going to be doing with this story. And uh, let's just say there may or may not be a sequel that I'm planning for it as well. *wink wink*