Secrets and Sabotage

Jeff couldn't believe his ears. He knew that staying away from Toby would probably be the best option for him considering his boyfriend was home now. But he hated taking orders from others and a part of him really hated the idea of never be able to talk to Toby again.

"Masky come on. You just said we're basically all family here."

Masky raised an eyebrow, "yeah and?"

"I-I know you don't like me but you're going a bit too far don't you think?" Jeff stumbled over his words in disbelief. He didn't want to give into him but this man had dirt on him and he needed him to stay quiet.

"No, I don't really think I am. You keep indirectly fucking with my life, pulling Toby away from me." Masky spat as both men stood up.

Jeff nervously spoke, "I really don't think I've done anything...besides the kiss..." he muttered the last part quietly so that only he could hear himself. "Maybe...you're the one pushing him away?"

Masky glare on Jeff intensified as he slammed his hand down on his shoulder. "What the fuck did you just say?"

"No! Not that you're doing it on purpose! I just mean that maybe it's how you're behaving or something. I don't know..."

Jeff held his shoulder when Masky released his grip and his hand dropped right back to his side.

"Listen Jeffery, I don't have a problem telling your little secret to the entire house, including your little boyfriend. You're the one who wants me to keep quiet so you're the one who needs to fucking listen to me. Got it?" Masky's eyes which were once burning with rage, now became emotionless.

Jeff swallowed hard and defeated, he nodded reluctantly and left the room after watching Masky walk out into the forest.

---------

Masky didn't know where he was going but he was elated and he felt like he had to run off all the adrenaline he felt. He jogged for a few minutes before coming across the spot that Toby and him were at last. Surprisingly, the boy was there just sitting on the ground and drawing circles in the dirt.

He walked slowly towards him before sitting down next to him. Toby flinched in surprise before looking away nervously.

"What are you doing here..." He asked hesitantly.

Masky sighed before breathing in the cool air. "I know there's a lot of tension between us. So I just wanted to say that I'm sorry...for everything."

Toby turned his head to look at him almost immediately, connecting eyes with him. Masky was smiling. It was extremely comforting to him and he swore he felt his heart melt back together. Toby smiled back at him almost contagiously.

Masky brought his hand up to Toby's face, he cupped his cheek and slowly stroke it with his thumb. He almost lost himself in the younger boy's eyes and the feeling of his skin.

Toby not questioning the unusual change of behavior from Masky, Toby leaned his face closer into his hand. His heart beat increased. After all, he did like Masky.

"Toby..." The older man whispered.

"Hm?" Toby hummed with his eyes closed.

"Who was the other guy?"

Toby still was smiling warmly at Masky's touch until he processed what he just heard. He opened his eyes and backed up a bit. "What? What other guy?"

Masky continued to smile as he tapped his fingers against his own chin. "You told me you liked two people right? Who's the other one?"

Masky laughed inside at the fact that he wouldn't have to worry about Toby's little crush on Jeff anymore. Now all he needed to do was find out who this other piece of shit was.

"W-What's this all of a sudden. I mean- I just..." Toby's mind became jumbled and his thoughts couldn't process correctly. He gripped his own arm in an attempt to calm down his anxiety.

"He's just someone. It doesn't really matter. Besdies...why do you want to know?"

"I'm just curious that's all. After all, maybe I could help you with him." Just saying that sentence made Masky blood boil, but he needed to know who it was in order for him to create a plan of action.

"I-It's no one really. Don't worry about it. He wouldn't like me back even if we were the only two people left on the earth." Toby forced out a laugh, trying to mask his pain and nerves with some humor.

"Aw come on Toby. You're so cute. Who wouldn't fall for you?" Masky chuckled placing a hand on the boy's leg.

Toby's eyes widened. His heart felt like it was going to explode. He looked at Masky almost in fear. What is going on? Why is Masky acting like this?

"Is this a trap...?" Toby muttered quietly more to himself but Masky heard.

Masky smiled even wider, "What do you mean?"

"It's just that you've never really been this nice to me before. We usually always end up fighting or arguing. Basically, something always goes wrong."

Masky kept his hand on the boy's leg and spoke sweetly, "I'm just done fighting. I think we need a fresh start. You know?"

Toby nodded eagerly, smiling once again and leaving behind all of his nerves.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter but this story is not over yet! Also, I would like to work on some other books and was hoping for your input! What other fandoms would you guys enjoy reading about? (Ex: Harry Potter, anime, kpop groups, and etc.) I would really appreciate the feedback!

Word Count: 882 words