Revenge

Keres walked the halls of her castle silently the clicking of her heals were the only noise that could be heard as she made her way to the war planing room. As she approached the door the sound of muffled talking could be heard on the other side.
     The double doors burst open revealing the queen with a confident look graced on her features her movements towards the table were swift and agile. The once talkative room was silenced upon her entering until a battle strategist from her most respected knight troops stepped forward,
"My Queen"
while bowing lowly towards the floor he states in a respective manner.
"we believe we have found the perfect grounds to gain the upper hand in our next battle with Jendam's troops"
The table nods in agreement hoping to gain the queens favor in the plans as she looks over the battlefield map and highlighted region. She keeps her facial expression neutral and her body features unreadable as she looks over the notes silently. The men look confusedly towards each other as the queen has yet to speak a word when finally she speaks,
"And what of the people who live within the town in which we will be hiding our men?"
She asks. Her words are questioning but in her voice you could hear the slight accusing tone. It is obvious the strategists and knights along the table had not put any thought or interest into the civilians who could be potentially put in harms way. A small weasel like man with gangly limbs and a foul smell wafting off of him steps forward.
"Your highness, we need the people to stay in the village to provide a, how you say, Theatrical scene! We can not allow the enemy to be suspicious."
At this he looks around the room attempting to prompt the others to follow his directing, with little success. It is clear the Queen is not approving of her people being put in unnecessary dangerous positions. Even so the small foul man continued to talk,
"If the enemy were to walk through said town and see not a single civilian in sight they would grow suspicious and would turn away, our hidden troops would than be forced to come out of hiding and fight head on which would than have our knights loose their upper hand."
He smiles a cruel fake plastered on smile that shows rotting and missing teeth his breath reeks of alcohol and blood. The queen seems repulsed by his lack of caring for her people and his appearance but Before Keres can question him further the doors begin to bang loudly from a panicked servant knocking on the doors. One of the knights allows the doors to be opened but before the door is even opened to its full capacity he server stumbles into the grand room.
"What business do you have to interrupt this meeting?"
The same knight who had allowed the servants entry demands,
"I was sent by the General Fredrick, the enemy has pushed past our lines and has slain a whole battalion of our knights! He says that he needs reinforcements as soon as possible or they would need to retreat and Jendam would gain access to our shipment lines on the east!"
By the end of the servants intel he is panting for air unable to catch his breath after the long sprint and explanation.
"How was the General holding up before you had left?"
Asked Keres who knew the General personally, he was one of her only friends. He helped her though many difficult times and issues, like when her parents died or when an assassin was tasked to take her life he was the one who guarded her chambers.
"I'm truly sorry your highness, the last I had seen of him he had received a, what appeared to be, fatal blow to his chest."
The queen seemed dishearten by his words but nonetheless she nodded and told the servant to  inform the rest of the generals and have them send out another battalion to push the Jendam troops back, she sent out three of the knights from the table to lead the battalions and to help on the front lines.
     After all of the commands were sent she turned towards the gangly weasel like man that stood in front of her who had to be a good two feet shorter than her even without shoes on.
"Send the hidden brigade out tonight, have them inform the townspeople of the plan, I want repayment for the General's loss, but god help me if a single drop of civilians blood falls, you will answer to the guillotine."
With that the queen walked out of the war planning room leaving the doors to slam shut behind her.