32 | JUSTICE OR?

I wanted to run over to him and show him how much I missed him but answers were the priority right now. Gina gestured for him to sit down and he sat next to me.

"Four years after giving birth to Nyla I met your dad, Ace. He was a 25 year old single father and he reminded me of what I saw Nyla's dad would be as a parent. Let's just say I fell in love with him very quickly and not long after we had an impromptu marriage." My eyes went wide with shock. Gina getting into a relationship and falling in love so quickly reminded me of me. I wonder if he said the same things that Shae had said to me.

"It felt like a blessing in disguise. I'd lost my child and was given a chance to be a mum to another. As soon as I turned 21, we started the process of me adopting you and I recall it being quite quick but I didn't ask questions. I was too excited about being linked to you."

"What about my real mum?" Ace asked.

"Your real mum died during childbirth." I turned to Ace as he ran his hand down his face. "I'm sorry."

"All that I've known is you, my adopted mum. Please don't tell me my dad is dead aswell." I too was thinking the same thing. This retelling of the past included way too much deceased people for my liking.

"To put it simply, one day he was there, then he was gone. He left a note saying 'I'm sorry' and I'd never heard from him again. To this day there's been no explanation. I know that he's alive because I'd hired someone to track him down to give him the divorce papers. He signed that document so quickly not even knowing what he was signing."

"It doesn't make any sense."

"I know, baby. Believe me I have spent years trying to piece things together but all of my conclusions have been negative."

"It looks as though he just wanted to find someone to leave Ace to." I outwardly spoke my thoughts. "You probably reminded him of your mum, Ace."

Maybe being reminded of his son's mother everyday was too much for him to bare. Or maybe he blamed Ace for her dying in the first place. Either explanation was understandable but it wasn't right in any shape or form. For a man or a woman to do that, in my opinion was quite cowardly. Gina could have been a serial killer or a psychopath and Ace was basically just dumped onto her. Anyone that didn't have a guilty conscience after doing that didn't deserve to be in Ace's life. I mean, he'd done a hell of a lot in his life without him.

"I'm just so sorry that I lied to you all. If I could change certain things I would but I know that I wouldn't have all three of you in my life." Gina's sadness came spilling out and I'd never seen anyone cry like she was. Being the emotional one, I couldn't help my tears.

After all that I'd just found out, I couldn't be mad at Gina. She was the one person who cared and kept on caring no matter how much her circumstances changed. I had many more questions but it could wait until another day. Gina had lost me at one point and then gained me back plus two more children. No normal person would do half the things that she did with love and no encouragement. Not all saints were 100% perfect however Gina was as perfect as could be.

Ace stood up and walked over to her before wrapping his arms around her.

"You basically took me in and treated me as if I came from you. Why would I be mad at that?" Gina let out a whimper of relief as she grabbed onto his arms circling the front of her. After a few minutes, they released each other and Gina stood up. I followed her actions then walked to her and hugged her myself.

"Nothing has changed." I could feel her tears seeping into my clothes but I didn't care. To me those tears represented all those years of guilt and keeping in the truth. Hopefully she was finally at peace with herself.

After a few minutes, I instructed Gina to go and get some rest because she needed it after promising that we wouldn't leave until she woke up. Ace and I sat in the garden swing chair silently listening to our calm surroundings.

"I was worried about you." Ace admitted.

"I know. I just needed time to think. We all did."

"This is all like a Hollywood drama. I just hope it's all done with now."

"Yeah, me too." I agreed. "How's Tyson?"

"He's doing okay. He went back to your house to concentrate on that since everything happened and he told me that he came back the next day to talk to Gina about everything. So now we're all caught up." That was a relief to hear. I was glad that I didn't have to repeat everything to him or hear it again from Gina. It happened in the past so it could stay there.

The only thing I wanted to know more about was my dad, Raymond Leslie Pierce. I was the lucky one out of Tyson, Ace and I because I had a father who actually gave a damn whole heartedly although he wasn't here today.

"What about us?" Ace asked turning his body towards me. I looked at him suddenly feeling flushed.

"I was worried that we couldn't survive all of this that was going on but now I'm feeling better."

"The worst thing that could've come from this would be that we were related which we're not."

"Exactly."

"So," Ace scooted closer towards me, scooping up my legs onto his lap. "I missed you."

"I'm not going to tell you that I missed you because you know that I did." Ace smiled bringing his bottom lip into his mouth.

"Well, technically you just did."

"You love tormenting me, don't you?" Ace nodded slowly grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Come here." I swung my legs from him as he pulled me closer to him. His teeth nibbled at my earlobe before he brought his lips to mine, sweetly kissing me.

We sat there swinging not caring how much the sky had darkened. The garden lights came on causing flying insects to swirl around them.

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" Please don't tell me Ace had a few secrets of his own.

"I recorded everything that was said last week as soon as Justine walked in." He pulled out his phone showing me the beginning of video footage.

"What do you want me to do with it?" It was enough evidence to get Richard put behind bars and make Justine pay for what she did and refused to do. She's most likely lose credibility and eventually lose all of her clients that she had gained over the years. Eventually she would feel how I felt, like the loneliest woman in the world. It would be the perfect way to get justice for all of us in the situation but I liked the idea of karma more.

What goes around comes back around.

"Delete it."