Chapter 20: Different

After what seemed like forever, Angel sat back awkwardly. He just kissed his best friend and the silence not only made him feel like shit, but he couldn't tell if Lyndsee had liked it or not. Lyndsee looked down at the ground and didn't know what to say. It felt too awkward to talk now. Angel then finally spoke up.

"I...I'm sorry." He stuttered and got up. Lyndsee sighed.

"No... it's... It's fine." She mumbled. She got up, baseball glove still in her left hand and leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"I just. I've never, you know."

He looked at her and smiled softly.
"It's okay, me either."

He grabbed her hand and they decided to step inside for a while. He grabbed her hand and led her in. He kissed her as she took the glove off her hand. He sat down on the couch with her and caressed her face.

"I really do love you." He whispered.

She looked straight into his eyes and let that sink in for a while. This felt different. Her stomach dropped.

"I ..."

He smiled, pushed her down and kissed her some more. He deepened the kiss as she slowly put her hand up to touch his hair. She ran her fingers through it. It was getting deeper and deeper. He moved down to her neck. Slowly but deep. But all of a sudden Lyndsee started feeling uneasy. She thought about life, it was going too fast. Everything went from moving extremely slow, being isolated, to all of... whatever this was. She sat up softly pushing him off.

"What happened?" He whispered.

Lyndsee sighed. "This is happening too fast."

"Just relax Lyndsee. I'll stop if you feel uncomfortable okay?"

"Okay, I..." She whispered. He was about to kiss her some more when suddenly they heard knocking at the front door. Lyndsee pulled back so fast, that she ended up falking off the couch. She quickly got up and turned to him.

"Don't... tell."

Angel quickly nodded and Lyndsee ran to the door. She opened it and it turned out to be Robert. She let him in and he followed her into the living room while Lyndsee rolled her eyes behind his back. Angel chuckled and Mr. Johnson was a bit taken back.

"You two seem happy, well Lyndsee does, Angel, Im used too."

Angel smiled as he looked at her. Lyndsee's smile faded causing Angel's to fade too.

"So Lyndsee," Mr. Johnson turned to her, "did you hear about Jenesia?"

Lyndsee was 99.9% sure that Mr. Johnson thought she could have something to do with it.

"No. I barely heard it from Marie." She said tensing up.

"Calm down Lyndsee. It was just a question."

Ok, maybe not.

Angel spoke up. "Everyone at school is weirded out by it. It's scary to think she can just disappear like that."

Mr. Johnson nodded.

"Well I guess I'll stay here until Marie comes back." He said sitting in front of them and just staring. Lyndsee could hear the clock ticking. It was that silent.

"Um, Robert?" She sounded annoyed.

"Yes Lyndsee?"

"Why?" She pointed at him annoyed.

"Just babysitting."

Angel frowned. "I'm almost 18."

Mr. Johnson continued to stare. "Yeah in a year."

After what seemed like a long silence, Angel stood up. "Well um... I think I should um... go now."

Lyndsee nodded in approval. She hid her face in annoyance. This couldn't get any less awkward. Angel left home and Mr. Johnson told her to go to sleep because it was a school night.

"Why are you like this? Was that necessary? I don't need a cop babysitting me all the time. It's weird Robert."

"What's so weird about me being here?" he blinked.

"A whole ass cop babysitting me. I don't need you. Don't you have crime to fight or something?" she smiled softly trying to to laugh.

"Okay first of all, I'm not a cop. I'm a criminal investigator."

Lyndsee ran up the stairs. "I don't care Robert!"

"It's Detective or Mr. Johnson Lyndsee!"

Lyndsey groaned. "Why, why, why, are you still here. I'm almost 17. That was awkward."

"Why do you care so much? You and Angel?" He smiled.

Her mouth shot open. "Um no. I care because..." she smiled. "I care because you have yet to still take me to that ice cream parlor to try the flavors."

"Touché." Said Mr. Johnson as he laid on the couch closing his eyes.

Lyndsee went upstairs and washed her face. She looked at herself in the mirror. She smiled and thought about the connection she and Angel had. His hair was so soft. Maybe I'm into hair who knows. She joked to herself. But his eyes. Damn. It was the first thing she had noticed about him. She never had crushes or loved anyone in a long time. She could see that happening. She headed to her room.

She got her computer out and read about Jenesia's 'disappearance' and how they thought it was all Karina's doing. Lyndsee sighed. She was good. For now.

________________________

Stephanie heard about Jenesia. She always knew everything about everyone first. That was an advantage of being popular, or as she thought. She always wanted to find out everything about everyone. Deep down, she had a feeling Lyndsee had something to do with it. She saw the way she fought her friends. The girl was dangerous.

That night, she logged onto facebook and planned to make Lyndsee's life the worst. She decided to spread a little rumor about her, to get back for what she did. She wrote what she had to write, posted it, and satisfied, she logged off. She smiled and started texting her friends. Rose was the first one to see it.

Rose: Holy shit Steph! You didnt! Thats a bit cruel though.

Stephanie: Oh shut up! I know what Im doing.

Rose: Steph, thats gonna cause a lot of damage, like seriously.

Stephanie: Just wait and see.

They said goodbye and Stephanie went to sleep, satisfied.