00:18

give me the chance to pick up the
pieces you've left me in

M O E S H A

It been a few weeks after Mo released from the hospital. Robyn and her were not on good terms. She felt that she couldn't forgive her mother even when she apologized a thousand times.

It was after school and she was laying on her bed, listening to Broken Clocks by Sza on her home system.

" all i got is these broken clocks, i ain't got no time, just burning daylight, still love, and it's still love, and it's still loveeee"

She lowly mumbled the lyrics, swaying her hands in the air. She was bored. Bliss was out with Lincoln on their couples outing being grown.

A knock sounded on her door and Nasir poked his head in, " your boyfriend is here". His raspy soon to be deep voice spoke, breaking her out of her trance.

Mo gently got up from her laying position and wiped her eyes. She nodded her head and told Nasir to go ahead and let him in. Moesha threw her hair into a sloppy bun then, headed down the stairs, meeting Benji in the hallway.

"Hey babe". Benji lightly pressed his lips on her forehead. Moesha was still in pain from having impact with the floor and her heart almost giving up on, so she had to take things easy.

"Hey". She mumbled against his lips, with a smile tugging on her lips. When Benji heard the news, he thought his  life was over. He loved Moesha despite the age difference and the time frame they've been together. He believed they will be together forever.

"How you feeling?". He asked as he led her to the couch in the living room. Nasir was busy with his homework in the kitchen.

"I've been better but I'm so tired of this cast, argh!". She huffed in annoyance. Her arm cast was disturbing her usual movements. Everything was calculated for her. Her head pounded every now and then.

"You will be aight soon, just take your meds and rest".

"I've been doing that for the last few weeks and I'm tired of being couped in here especially when my mom comes home from work. I'm still hurt". She confessed.

Moesha couldn't believe her mother hurt her to that point. She couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that she almost died and it was all caused by her mother.

"Don't worry about it but in order for you to heal you need to forgive your mother as well. I know it hurts but it has to be done". Benji's arm snaked around her shoulder pulling her closer to him. They sat in silence just enjoying each other's presences.

"You know you were all I thought about laying in that hospital bed". She suddenly spoke up.