00:07

" I've asked about you
and they told me things... "

M O E S H A

"She better be playing cause imma beat her ass. She don't know me". Moesha said angrily to Bliss over the phone as she walked over at the store.

Her mom had sent her grocery shopping since she couldn't make it.

"I told her Mo, pay her no mind"

"That broad been asking for it and she gon' get it sooner". She snapped, body fuming with rage. She wanted to go beat her ass right now. One of Bliss's cousins has been spreading rumours about Mo, talking about how she sleeping with multiple boys and be doing their homework just to earn a couple bucks.

"imma talk to Talitha, okay?. She's just jealous girl. You know how she be acting at times"

"I don't care Bliss. What my mama gon' say if she hears all these rumours. She gon' kick me out this time, no lie. Yoe know she stay believing people in the streets more over me. Me, her only daughter". Moesha stood in the corner, tears falling on her

"Mo don't cry babe. Imma talk to her . She crossed the line noe'. I got your back if your' mama kicks you out. Wipe those tears girl".

Moesha wiped her tears and snort so no one would see her crying. She took a couple of breathes and moved away from the corner she was in, phone still on her ear.

"Come over when you done okay?".

She nodded like Bliss could see her, "I love you friend, I really appreciate you Bliss. I don't know where I be without you"

"Aww I love you, now stop crying and finish doing whatchu mama told you to do and come over".

They said their goodbyes and hanged up the phone. Moesha placed her phone in her hoodie pocket in front and went picking up all the items her mama said she must get.

She was still feeling low about what Bliss's cousin, Talitha said. She done nothing to ole girl but here she was speaking dirt on her name. Dirty ass hoe. She sighed for the hundredth time that hour and then they just had to put the sugar on the top shelf knowing her short self won't reach.

"Lemme get that for you' ma". Benji said as he pressed his front on her back and picked up the sugar she wanted. She furrowed her eyebrows and turned around.

"Thanks". She said, brows still furrowed and putting it in the cart

"You good?". He asked.

Moesha nodded her head, confused, "yeah why? Is there something on my face?". She asked, taking out her phone and looking at her face. The only problem she saw was her red, swollen eyes.