Chapter 16

I came back to my thoughts after hearing somebody honk their horn. I turned around and saw tyun in the passenger seat. I opened the door confused, "where were you?" I said walking towards her with my arms folded. I saw a boy get out the driver side. She frowned at me, "what's wrong why are you here?" She walked over to me wiping my eyes. "Why are you crying?" She asked looking at me lost. My mouth opened but nothing came out. I pointed towards her apartment, "who's inside? I heard someone moaning. I thought it was you and I freaked out." I said looking down. "Hold up, I know they not fuckin in my shit." She said grabbing her keys walking towards the door. I followed her as She opened the door. "YO WHAT THE FUCK!" She yelled. I never saw her so angry or even mad. There was a girl and a boy having sex on her couch. "Get the fuck out." She said calmly as she walked to the back not looking at neither one of them. They hurried and put their clothes on and grabbed their things as they left. The dude that was in the car with her left too after saying goodbye to her and me. I slowly walked towards the back to her room. I opened the door and saw her laying on the bed. She looked tired and annoyed. "What do you want?" She asked gently as she sat up. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. " so you came here to do what exactly? Be silent and make me feel sorry for you not being able to communicate?" She asked me. I felt my eyes water, "no I-... I wanted to say I'm sorry for shutting you out it's just I don't know how to communicate. It's never something I was good and I want to learn to get better at it." I said looking down. "What was wrong with you yesterday?" She asked ignoring what I said. "I went to my moms house to tell her she needed help but she doesn't want to get better and she hit me when I called her...a crackhead" I said as I whispered the last part. "I'm scared that she's gonna die." I admitted as a tear came down my face. Tyun sighed and walked over towards me pulling me into a hug. "She's not gonna die baby." She said rubbing my back and kissing my forehead. She looked down at me, "listen I know things not easy but I want you to know that you can tell me anything Evoni for real. I don't want you to be down when you have me to talk to. I'm your emotional support along with your bestfriend." She said to me making me smile. She leaned down and kissed my lips and pulled me to the bed. "Wanna watch a movie?" She asked grabbing the remote to the fire stick. I shook my head yes as I cuddled up next to her. For the rest of the night we watched movies and talked about things and ate snacks. We were just enjoying each other's company...

                 6:30 am
I woke up to my alarm going off. I groaned as I smacked my phone turning it off. I sat up remembering I stayed the night at tyun's house. I looked over to my side and saw her stretched out on the bed. I smiled looking at her. She looked like a baby.  I kissed her cheek waking her up. She sat up and looked around confused then layed back down. I smacked her butt, "babyyy get up I need something to wear." I told her as I got up to brush my teeth. Last night I fell asleep forgetting that I had school. "You left your sweatsuit here from last week." She yelled out. I rolled my eyes, "whereeeeee." I yelled back washing my face. I didn't hear a response so I went back into the room and heard her snoring. I shook my head as I walked over to her closet. I came across my sweatsuit but I took one of hers instead. It was just something about wearing her stuff. I put on her clothes and grabbed my belongings. I walked over to tyun and licked her ear. "Uhuhhh." She said still sleep. I laughed and kissed her forehead, "I'm coming back over after school." I said as I left. I went too my car and headed to school.....

"So do anybody have an answer?" My teacher asked as she stood at the board. The class stayed silent. She sighed and went back to her desk. "Everybody pull out your notebook. Page 97 is do at the end of the class." She said with an attitude. I shook my head. I hate when teachers get mad when we don't understand. Obviously the way you're trying to teach us isn't working so try a different way instead of giving up. I grabbed my things and left class without getting a pass. It was third block anyway so it wouldn't matter. I walked the halls and stopped when I heard a familiar voice around the corner. "Give me my phone!" I heard her yell. "So you was cheating on me with that nigga!" I heard a male voice say. I peeped around the corner and saw the male all in the girls face. I couldn't see who she was until he moved back. It was Cathy. "Just give me my phone." She yelled as tears came down her face. He pulled his arm back and threw the phone at the locker. He then went over and started stomping the phone. "FUCK THAT PHONE!" He yelled as he got in her face again. I then heard sirens coming from the halls. I looked up and saw the beeper beeping red. "Code red. Report to safety." The beeper said. Fear went over my body. The only time we would have a code red is if someone was on campus with a weapon putting us in danger. Something like a school shooting. "Cmon get in my class!" I heard a teacher yell. I turned around and raned towards her classroom. After a few more kids came she turned off the lights and locked the door. I went under a table joining the other kids. Everyone stood still and quiet as the code red continued on. *BOOM!* I covered my mouth as I flinched at the sound that sounded like a gunshot. Everyone in the room started freaking out. A girl next to me started crying saying she didn't want to die. I closed my eyes as I prayed hoping everyone was safe but deep down inside...I knew something bad happened.