Chapter Fifteen~

Dedicated to Kishoya! c:

And everyone else out there taking the time to read, vote, and comment on this story. c:

-Chapter Fifteen-

I was cuddled into Firo’s chest comfortingly almost falling asleep when I realized I had to go back to the Council soon. I sat up trying to figure out just how long it had been since I left my room by the difference in light in the sky. It was dark out and Firo sighed as he pulled my back down his arm tightening his hold.

“You’re going back, aren’t you?” He muttered as he buried his face into the crook of my neck spending small shivers down my spine.

“Yeah...I am,” I answered.

“Why?” He pressed. “Come with me...please?”

“I can’t,” I answered without hesitation. Even if I did love Firo my bond with the Council was stronger and deep down I felt I needed to go back in order to breathe properly. It was the way things were and they would stay that way.

He stayed quiet for a while only breathing steadily and for a few minutes I had thought he fell asleep, but when I went to move out of his embrace and crawl out of the car his grip tightened just slightly more before he let it loose. He didn’t look up as I scooted rather to the edge of the seats to get out, I leaned down to kiss his cheek since he turned slightly when I was reaching for his lips. I climbed out and left looking back from time to time, but there was absolutely no movement in the car. It was almost like he was just laying there, just waiting. I knew what it was he wanted from me. Not that I was the one to give it to him. So I just walked back into the Council to find Aldo standing there almost towering over me. Looking to the ground I steadied my breath.

“Where have you been?” He demanded.

“I was out in the woods,” I answered stiffly.

“Why?” He inquired

“I needed the air,” I excused lamely. “I didn’t go far, I swear.”

“Very well,” he said. “You have a job tomorrow.”

“But I’m not supposed to...” I trailed off as his glare sharpened and settled on my face.

“You will have a job tomorrow and you will complete it,” he ordered. “We will be attacking enemy lines tonight and you are going to go in and let yourself be trapped.”

“Trapped?” I frowned.

“You will allowed yourself to become hostage therefore giving the Council right to attack this particular group of rebellions,” he told me. “You will play hostage for us. If they beat you, you are to take the beating. If they mutilate you, you will not raise a finger. If they wish to have their way with you, you will allow it. Do you understand?”

“Yes, sir.” I nodded.

“Alan will be a hostage alongside you,” he sneered turned to go. At that I looked up with a glare of my own, they could treat me like trash and let me be used by enemies, but for them to let that happen to Alan was a whole different story. The thought of someone harming my best friend angered me. “He agreed to this of his own free will, Ciel, with no objections. It wasn’t even necessary for me to bring it up, he came to me to ask for the job.”

I stared in utter disbelief. Why would Alan ask for this job? We all knew what happened to people on this job, I had heard how some had died on this job before. This was my first time going on this type of mission. It was only given to someone when they were considered useless to the Council or there were no others that could be spared for the mission. I made my way towards Alan’s room to find him laying on his bed.