I heard a low groan of pain, my ears perking up at the sound. My senses heighten and i tried to recognise the familiar scent.

The stench of blood- both dried and fresh, was too strong, overwhelming my senses but i caught a whiff of a familiar scent- Lisa.

I gripped Xerxes shirt as i stood behind him, my eyes brimmed with tears when i realised she was in the room, with us. And the chances of the fresh blood that i smell was hers.

Bracing myself, i stepped away from behind him and stood beside him.

A sob escaped my lips when i saw her, the state she was in. "Li...sa..." I made a move to walk towards her but a hand over my wrist stopped me from taking any step further.

"Is she awake?" Xerxes asked, it was then that i noticed the two person who were standing at a five feet distance from Lisa on either side. Thomas and Luke.

My eyes stayed on Luke, who didn't meet my eyes. His face blank, his eyes cold and unwavering.

How can he do this to his own sister? How can Xerxes let him do this? How can anyone be this cruel?

"She's awake." Luke answered, his voice levelled.

"Did she say anything?"

"Not yet." Luke answered without making an eye contact with him.

"Leave us alone." Xerxes commanded. Thomas and Luke nod before leaving their position and walking out of the room, leaving us alone with Lisa.

"How can you do this to her brother?" I hissed at him, my eyes glaring at him. I know he was cruel, merciless and cold blooded but he couldn't possibly make a brother witness such cruelty done to his sister.

"Luke is a great warrior." Xerxes answered, looking down at me with a glare of his own. "As a warrior, he would do anything for his Alpha and his pack."

"But that's his sister." My glare wavered and so did my voice. I could never win against him.

"Who is a traitor." His tone was harsh and held so much hatred, his eyes glaring at Lisa.

"Wha-"

Lisa started coughing, her body shaking slightly before letting out a painful groan.

I wrung my wrist free from his hold and rushed towards her. My knees bent and my hands rested on her thighs as i peeked at her.

"I am so...sorry, so sorry... Lisa..." I cried on her lap as i asked for forgiveness.

She was chained to a metal chair, her head downcast, her hair blocking her face from my view. Her clothes were covered in blood, her feet bare and covered with dirt there wasn't an inch of clear skin, she reeked of blood.

"Me...ryl..." Her voice was low and strained as if it took a great amount of strength for her to utter my name.

"Lisa, i am here..." I cried pushing her hair back and lifting her face to look at me. "I am....so sorry." I whispered when i saw her battered face. She had a black eye while the other eye was swollen. Her arms had cuts so did her legs, some were fresh while some looked like old wounds.

I felt Xerxes presence behind me, and turned to glare at him. "How can you do this to her?"

Xerxes wasn't looking at me but at Lisa, his cold eyes set on her. "Who is your mate?" Xerxes asked.

Mate? Lisa have a mate? She never told me she had a mate.

Silence stretched around us before Lisa lifted her face and stared at Xerxes, through her swollen and black eyes. I watched her closely and saw how her expression changed for pained to a smug one.