Chapter Eight- Biscuits and Tea

Third Person pov:

      Professor McGonagall led (Y/n) into her office which was just behind her desk in the classroom. Her office was relatively plain yet had an elegant touch with all of her sleek, wooden furniture. In the direct back sat her wooden desk, and directly to the right after walking in, was a round, wooden table with five chairs surrounding it which was usually used for meetings with other teachers.

      (Y/n) noticed a side table which had an expensive looking tea set sitting upon it. The teapot was already pouring two cups of tea magically. (Y/n) smiled at her surroundings, oh how she loved magic. The girl took a seat in a chair to which McGonagall sat across from her. When the tea was done pouring itself, it levitated over to the round table along with a tray filled with biscuits and butter.

      "Here, dear, help yourself," McGonagall said to the younger girl.

      "Thank you, Professor."

      "How are you liking Hogwarts so far?"

      "Professor, I've only had two classes and one of them was yours." (Y/n) said with a smile. The professor returned the smile.

      "Other than classes, how is everything for you? Do you like your roommates?"

      "Oh, they're both lovely. I can't wait to get to know them better." McGonagall nodded in response and lightly sipped her tea.

      "I hope you find Hogwarts as your second home, soon."

      "Professor, I already do, I love it here." Professor McGonagall smiled at her response.

      The rest of the fifty minutes they spent together was filled with laughs and in the end, the professor felt like she knew everything about the girl that she needed to. (Y/n) was glad that Professor McGonagall was looking out for her and immediately looked to McGonagall as a mother figure while at Hogwarts.

      "Thank you so much, Professor. It was a pleasure having tea with you," (Y/n) said with a slightly sad tone as the bell rang.

      "Anytime, my dear. Now you go have lunch with your friends, I bet they've been wondering where you ran off to."

      (Y/n) nodded and smiled at the Professor then proceeded out to the corridor. She took her time in getting to the great hall, but before she could step into the room filled with food, she ran into a particular blonde-haired blue-eyed boy... literally.

      "Hey, get out of my way," The boy said as they bumped shoulders.

      "I would rephrase what you just said to me if I were you, Malfoy" (Y/n) snapped back with a snarl. The corridor leading to the great hall was empty with a student or two passing by since everyone was enjoying their lunch or out having fun in the nice weather.

      "Don't you dare speak to me like that!"

      "I could say the same."

      "I can speak to inferiors however I prefer!" Malfoy spat out, clearly without thinking. (Y/n)'s mouth dropped in shock that he would go as far as to call her an inferior when he was, in fact, the one that ran into her.

      "What the hell did you just say to me?" (Y/n)'s eyes narrowed on the boy as if she were ready to kill.

      "You heard me. Now, why don't you go hang out with those mudbloods you call friends!"

      "Okay you can go ahead and insult me as much as you want but once you talk about my friends in such a manner, it's going too far."

       Before the boy could reply with another snarky comment, the familiar loud steps of a certain potions professor became louder with every second. Malfoy turned around and was immediately looked up to the professor.

      "Did I hear... commotion going on here?" Professor Snape questioned, mainly to Malfoy. (Y/n) crossed her arms, ready to defend herself.

      "Professor, (Y/n) started it, really! She-"

      "Save it, Malfoy I could hear you from the end of the corridor. Maybe keep your bickering on a lower volume, or better yet, simply don't bicker. Now, get in there before I deduct points."

      Malfoy scurried away like a scared animal into the great hall, but (Y/n) stayed back for another few seconds with the professor.

      "Thank you, prof-"

      "Go. In."

      "Well, okay then," (Y/n) visibly rolled her eyes at the professor before walking into the great hall. She spotted her friends towards the front of the Gryffindor table and took a seat next to Viviana.

      "Oh, my Merlin, (Y/n) we were literally looking for you all of our free period!" Viviana exclaimed immediately as she saw the (h/c) haired girl.

      "Yeah, sorry about that, I had to deliver a letter from Professor Snape to Professor McGonagall then she invited me to stay for some tea and biscuits, which I did, and then I ran into Malfoy-"

      "Hold on, you ran into MALFOY?" Ron joined into the conversation after chomping on a chicken sandwich.

      "Yeah, nothing special, he was a git like usual. He got mad at me for running into him when he was the one that ran into me. Then Snape came and was all like blah blah stop arguing blah blah go into the great hall blah blah." The others laughed at (Y/n)'s imitation of Snape.

      "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum," a boy to (Y/n)'s left was doing a spell. She immediately noticed him as the boy who blew everything up. He looked into the goblet and shook his head then continued to repeat the spell, except this time it blew up... like usual. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and went back to the conversation with her group of friends. Suddenly, there were some animal screeches from overhead.

      "Ah, mail's here!" Ron exclaimed. An owl came and dropped a small-ish sized box into (Y/n)'s hand. Ron had gotten a small letter and a newspaper.

      She tore open the packaging and saw that it was obviously from Molly. There was a small note saying: We are so proud that you have gotten into Gryffindor with the rest of the Weasley family, enjoy these sweet treats! Inside the box were a few packages of every flavor jelly beans along with two chocolate frogs.

      "Hey, guys, somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen, 'Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day. That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to.'" Harry said with a hint of suspicion in his voice.

      "That's... weird," (Y/n) said as she shoved a jelly bean into her mouth and was relieved to figure out that it was strawberry.

      "Weird to say the least." Ron added.

      "Whatever it is, we shouldn't let it hang over our heads, if they say nothing was stolen, then nothing was stolen," Everley spoke trying to calm down the rest of her friends. Hermione and Viviana nodded in agreement.

      Lunch soon ended and the group of six made their way to the next class of the day, flying. (Y/n) had always wanted to learn how to fly, but Molly always claimed it was 'too dangerous'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you're all enjoying so as much as I am, I'm having such a fun time writing this :)