Chapter Twenty-Two- The Official News

(Y/n) speed walked quickly to McGonagall's office and knocked an obnoxious amount of times before the door got opened by the head of Gryffindor.

"Is something the matter, Miss. Weasley?" The professor asked, surprised to see the young girl again. Instead of answering the question (Y/n) pushed past the woman and sat at the circular table. She sat with her legs crossed and hands folded on the top. Before speaking the young Gryffindor waited for her professor to take a seat opposite of her.

"Snape's my father and you can't deny it because it's so obvious and I feel dumb for not seeing it sooner."

A few seconds went by.

"I'm sorry what? I haven't any idea what you're talking about."

"I know he's my dad, can someone just admit it already. I hate being left behind when it comes to my birth family."

"Miss. Weasley, I can confirm that Professor Snape is not your birth father. Now go back to your dormitory. Now." McGonagall's voice grew more stern and loud which caused the young girl to jump back in her seat. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell."

"Yup," was all (Y/n) could muster out and she stormed out of McGonagall's office and down to her dormitory.

~.~.~.~

Meanwhile...

McGonagall rushed out of her office and to where she knew she needed to go: Dumbledore's office. To no surprise, the potions professor was already discussing the matters with the headmaster.

"She went to you, didn't she?" Asked Snape when he noticed McGonagall's presence.

"Of course, she takes after Rosalie more than you'd think. With me being their favorite professor and all."

"Oh please, Minerva, we all know I was Rosalie's favorite professor," Dumbledore chimed in.

"Albus, please, this is not a time to be joking around," McGonagall replied.

"Minerva I'm just saying the facts," The headmaster said. Snape cleared his throat in the most passive-aggressive way in order to stop the two from bickering.

"Right, (Y/n). We cannot keep that poor girl in the dark any longer. She was bound to find out eventually," McGonagall said.

"Just how dangerous is it that she knows?" Asked Snape.

"Seeing as she only knows about you, it shouldn't be too dangerous. However, as the years progress, it could become more dangerous than we're predicting. There is really no telling," Dumbledore replied. "It's bad enough that she knows this much already at only eleven years old-"

"She will be twelve in a few days," Snape interrupted. The two other professors stared at him blankly. "What? How could I forget the birth of my own daughter?"

"Anyways, I do believe that someone must be the one to let her know that her theory is correct," the headmaster said. "Minerva, you are her godmother and her head of house, I think it should be you."

"I agree." Snape agreed in his regular monotone voice.

"Fine."

~.~.~.~

The same night, the young Gryffindor couldn't stop the tossing or turning which resulted in only three hours of sleep. In the morning, (Y/n) was woken up bright and early by Everley, much to her dismay. Instead of getting up right away like usual, (Y/n) slept in later than Viviana which put red flags everywhere.

"Hey, are you okay?" Asked Everley once (Y/n) finally decided to push her out of the bed.

"Yeah, I just had trouble sleeping last night that's all." A yawn escaped her lips but she managed to get ready rather quickly. After changing into her robes, she didn't care to brush her hair and instead threw it up into a fan bun.

"Ready?" Viv asked as she and Ev both waited for their friend to be ready.

"Yup," (Y/n) responded and followed her friends out of their dorm and through the common room. Having been here for months, the trio rarely got lost to the great hall anymore so they made it relatively quickly.

There were only a few students eating breakfast this early, but the three Gryffindors enjoyed the light talking of others and not an overly crowded great hall. Sitting up front at the teacher's table was once again the usual Dumbledore, McGonagall, Quirrell, Snape, Sprout and Trelawney enjoying their early breakfast. Another yawn escaped (Y/n)'s mouth and instead of putting food on her plate she rested her head on the table underneath her arms.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Everley questioned from next to her. A groan was the reply given. After a few minutes of just lying there, (Y/n) sat her elbow on the table and set her head in the palm of her hand.

"Here." Viviana handed her friend a plate with two pieces of toast with butter and a couple of slices of strawberries.

"Thanks," (Y/n) muttered and took a few bites of the toast. She took a quick glance up at the teachers' table every so often and would occasionally catch the eye of McGonagall, but Snape seemed to be ignoring the girl.

The three girls stayed in the hall until it became full of students, including Harry, Ron, and Hermione. (Y/n) desperately wanted to tell her brother everything but soon decided it was too risky of everyone finding out. It soon became 9:50 and the large number of students dispersed to get to class. (Y/n) groggily followed Viv and Ev down the corridors into her transfiguration. The young girl made her way to sit next to Harry, who seemed very much wide awake.

He probably got a decent amount of sleep, thought (Y/n) and she once again rested her head on her palm.

"Are you okay?" Asked Harry when he noticed the eyes of his friend slowly begin to shut.

"I'm fine," she responded. Realizing that his friend didn't want to talk about anything, he just nodded and dropped the subject.

Throughout all of Transfiguration, (Y/n) was fighting the urge to sleep. Oh, how she needed it. The bell soon rang but before she could leave, McGonagall asked her in private to see her after class.

"You guys go on, I'll meet you in the potions room." Her friends nodded and went on their way. "You wanted to see me, professor?"

"Yes, my dear. Yesterday... yesterday was chaotic, to say the least. You found out something you weren't supposed to know for years to come. Severus, yes, he is your birth father. Although you have clearly figured that out I figured it would be best to tell you formally. And your mother chose me to be your godmother the day you were born. Twelve years ago, tomorrow."

"I'm sorry can you repeat the last half, I zoned out after you told me Snape is my dad."

"I'm your godmother."

"Okay." A half- asleep (Y/n) replied with a yawn escaping her mouth.

"Now, as both your godmother and head of Gryffindor house, go back to your dorm and sleep. Now!"

"But... but I have potions."

"You already have O's in that class, you can afford to miss one class." (Y/n) nodded at the command and dragged herself out of the class.

"Thank you, professor."

The girl made her way to the common room and into her dorm where she slept like a log until lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I made that pretty obvious but hope you're enjoying :))