Chapter Twelve- Words Hurt

Third Person pov:

"Good afternoon everyone, one of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" (Y/n) slightly raised hers into the air. "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone. The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. WingardiumLeviosa. Off you go then."

The first years went about trying to make their feathers fly and it took much longer than expected. (Y/n) tried countless times but just couldn't seem to get it right. To her left, Ron was going crazy, shaking his wand all over the place.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out," started Hermione, "Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar."

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on."

With the challenge accepted, Hermione sat up straight and swish and flicked her wand saying the words. To Ron's surprise, her feather started levitating to which Hermione gave a smirk. Ron set his head on his books, looking defeated as ever.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms.Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" The small professor said with pride. (Y/n) cleared her throat, determined to get it right for once.

"Wingardium Leviosa," she clearly dictated the words and did the wand movement. A smile spread across her face when she saw her feather get the same glowing effect as Hermione's and started lifting off the desk.

"Oh you too, Miss. Weasley! Congratulations!" Professor Flitwick bellowed with pride at the other Gryffindor first year. (Y/n) and Hermione looked at each other with smirks after setting down their feathers.

"Wingard Levosa. Wingard Levosa." Before (Y/n) could turn to see who was pronouncing it so wrong a boom went off, startling nearly everyone. With the loud noise, she didn't even need to look to know it was Seamus.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor," Harry said.

The rest of the class went by pretty quick and right when the bell rang, Harry and Ron were the first to be out of the room. (Y/n), Hermione and Everley stayed a bit longer, waiting for Viviana to finish packing all of her stuff.

"You two did so great!" Viviana said, catching up to her friends who were waiting by the door.

"Thank you!" (Y/n) and Hermione said in sync.

The group of girls walked out of the room and through the corridors all while talking and laughing.

"Don't hate me guys, but I'm really hungry, so I think I'm going to make a quick stop at my dorm before History of Magic," Everley said.

"I'll come with you, I want to grab something, as well," Viviana chimed in.

"Okay, we'll see you guys in a little!" (Y/n) smiled and waved bye to the two girls as they took the next right turn. "Oh look, there are Ron and Harry." (Y/n) pointed to the boys walking through the courtyard.

"Let's walk with them," Hermione offered. The other girl nodded and they started picking up their pace until they were within earshot of the group of Harry, Ron, Seamus, and Neville.

"It's Leviosa, not Leviosar. Honestly, she's a nightmare. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" The two girls stopped dead in their track as they heard Ron talk badly about Hermione. (Y/n) looked to her friend to calm her down, but instead, Hermione started walking again, pushing past the group of four boys while sniffling.

"I think she heard you," Harry pointed out.

"No really, thanks captain obvious," (Y/n) thought and speed walked to catch up with the four boys. She got ahead of them and turned around, stopping them in their tracks as they reached her standing figure. She put her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes at her brother, who knew he fucked up.

"I love how you said she hasn't got any friends because unlike you at the moment, she has me as a friend," (Y/n) spat out and flipped her hair at the boys, not waiting for a response. She then rushed off to find Hermione, who was nowhere in sight.

~.~.~.~

(Y/n) had explained the situation to both Everley and Viviana, who questioned Hermione's whereabouts since she didn't show to their history of magic class. Of course, the two other girls got enraged by the situation which resulted in them, along with (Y/n), ignoring the boys' at dinner.

"I can't believe Ron would say that... some brother," (Y/n) said to her two friends while playing with her food.

"That's honestly just so rude, though," Everley agreed with her friend and stabbed a piece of steak in anger.

"I hope Hermione shows in the next few minutes, or else I think we should go looking for her," said Viviana. Everley nodded her head in agreement.

"Guys, I really love you, but this was my brother fault, I think I should go looking for her alone," (Y/n) sighed and continued twirling her pasta mindlessly around her fork.

"Yeah, I get that. Why aren't you eating, you haven't even taken a bite of your food." Viviana's nervous voice forced (Y/n) to look her in the eyes.

"I'm just not hungry, I ate earlier." The girl lied straight through her teeth, not wanting her two closest friends to force food down her throat. The two other girls slowly nodded. "Actually, I think I'm going to look for Hermione." (Y/n) stood up and started walking towards the doors of the great hall without waiting for a response from Viv or Everley.

(Y/n) couldn't stop thinking about the damage Ron's words have caused Hermione. Of course, this scared her because why would Hermione want to continue being friends with (Y/n) if her brother was a total tosser? These thoughts in (Y/n)'s head grew greater with each passing second without knowing that Hermione was okay.

As she took a right out of the great hall, in search of the closest girls lavatory, a panicked Professor Quirrell was racing to get to the great hall. "Weird," she thought, but shrugged it off and continued her search.

Having searched the girl's lavatory closest to the hall, (Y/n) went on a more in-depth search for Hermione which led her to a lavatory a good distance away from her starting point. Before (Y/n) could make her down the corridor a large shadow was noticeable in the corridor perpendicular to the one where the small girl stood. She took a few small steps before noticing the ugly, green body in which the shadow belonged.

A troll.

~.~.~.~

(A/n): I have a snow day today so that means maybe another update today whoop whoop!!