Episode 63 - Part 2

Episode 63 - A Dose of Love

Part 2 - Commence the Courtship

Piper walked towards the bridge, and as she passed the stairs that led to the hangar bay, she could swear she had seen Stork there spraying his special disinfectant all over the place. Upon getting to the bridge, she saw Junko was already there, and after finishing dusting off the panels near the helm, he went to do the same on the round-table. Wait, wasn't he in the kitchen with the others a minute ago? She looked behind her and saw Aerrow mopping the floor of the hallway, and he was almost finished, then she stared past him and saw no one was in the kitchen anymore, the place had been left clean too. It was then that she noticed the sound of Finn humming to himself, so she tilted her torso to see where he was: washing the bathroom, of all places. No way... Finn... Happily washing the bathroom, a two-man job, by himself... And he didn't even have the squeegee as Junko was currently using it to clean the windows! Okay, now that was impossible... Unless something did happen, and if that was the case, then they really didn't know how to be subtle about keeping it from her. However, there was one thing that was even more puzzling at the moment, and she couldn't help but inquire about it.

"How did you guys do all that so fast?" - she asked the sky knight and the flight engineer - "And wasn't spring cleaning supposed to be only next week?"

"W... We decided to tidy the place up earlier." - the redhead replied, rolling his eyes when he said 'we', like it had been totally forced.

"Then let me help." - she went to grab a broom when the wallop promptly bolted away from the window, jumping at the end of his initial dash, landed in front of her, picking the broom up before she could so much as graze her fingers on it, and, thanks to his momentum, slid all the way towards the wall, colliding against it.

She winced once upon hearing the loud crash from his impact with the wall and another time after the thud of his fall then looked at him slightly worried. He got up super fast and grinned broadly in a soothing manner.

"No need. You just relax today, alright?" - he told her as he started to sweep the floor.

She stood there perplexed for a brief instant, calmly putting her hands on her hips.

"If you say so." - she moved her foot back to turn around and ended up stepping on the wet floor of the corridor, which caused her to slip backward.

"Gotcha!" - Aerrow quickly caught her from behind before she fell on the ground, then he moved his head closer to hers smiling warmly - "Careful, the floor's kinda slippery right now." - he said softly, which made her blink awkwardly.

"Uh, right." - she let out a weak half laugh as he helped her to her feet - "Thanks."

She had barely recovered her footing when both heard a sharp snap and looked at Junko with a broken broom in his hands. He noticed them staring at him and immediately giggled sheepishly, softening his rather tight grip on the wooden stick.

"Oh! Uh... Pardon me! I, hm, forgot to... Watch my strength!" - the flight engineer told them, then he knelt down and proceeded to sweep the floor with just the lower half of the broom - "I'll fix it once I finish the bridge."

And then he laughed forcefully as he walked away and pretty much hid behind a corner, the other two watching him confused. Piper glanced at the sky knight, who was still holding her after having caught her. She flitted her eyes from his arms to his face and back a few times, noticing she didn't have a way to get out of his grasp.

"Hey, Aerrow, I'm fine now, you can let me go." - she said after a moment seeing he wasn't moving an inch to release his grip.

Upon hearing that the green-eyed boy blinked embarrassed and instantly leaped away from her, to which she reached an arm out for him but retreated startled. His jump caused him to land on the wet floor of the corridor, slip and fall flat on his back, making the girl flinch a little.