Friends - Hanji's Birthday

Start from the beginning

 The first time Levi hurt her was when he 'disappeared' from her life. In reality, a man took him away for his dirty work. Although he now despised that man a lot, he had to admit that he learned a lot of things from him. Whether they were good and bad ones.

 The second time Levi hurt her was when he didn't recognized her the moment she walked up to him. He could never forgive himself for that. Levi could still remember how broken she looked after he deny that fact that he did remember her. But in his defense, she changed a lot. Like a lot.

 And the third, even though Hanji didn't show it, was when he asked her when her birthday was. Levi knew he shouldn't have asked, even though he already knew, which was stupid on his part, but he did anyways. It gave a false indication to Hanji that he didn't remember her birthday, which made Levi cringe from his idiotic self. 

 "Fuck, I must've given her the wrong impression," Levi muttered as he stared down at the papers on his desk. 

 His eyes went over to the closet in his office, where Hanji's present was. He stared at the door, wondering if it's too late now to give her something or not. 

 "I'll think it through," Levi muttered as he stood up from his chair and walked out the door. 

 Levi decided to walk around HQ and look for something to clean for now. One may say it was his clean freak OCD may be acting up again, but to be honest, it's another way for him to think clearly. That and he can't stand dirt or dust. 

 Levi walked to the mess hall, and just like it says in it's name, it was a mess. Food was left behind on the tables by careless cadets. The floors were dirty and it still smelled like what they had for lunch, only ten times worst.

 Levi cringe as he saw the mess. He quickly pulled out two white cloths and wrapped them around his nose so it would cover not only that but his mouth from the germs, and he wrapped the other on top of his head, which kept his hair from annoying him. 

 He went to the nearest cleaning supply closet and grabbed a bucket, bleach, rags, a bottle of Windex, a mop, a broom, and trash bags. He first started cleaning the tables by taking the left overs off and throwing them into the trash bags. Then he'll start wiping them down until he was satisfied. 

 Will she even like my gift? Levi thought as he cleaned. Or would she think I'm an idiot.? Or what if she throws it away since it's probably useless to her or if she never wants it? 

 "Levi? Why are you cleaning?" A familiar voice asked him. Levi turned around and saw Hanji standing by the threshold with a cup empty and with an amused look on her face. 

 "I'm killing the germs and it's a fucking mess in here," Levi replied as he continued to clean the table. 

 "I know, but I've been here for a full thirty minutes watching you clean that table and not the rest," Hanji stated. 

 Levi felt his face heat up when he realized she was right. He had been cleaning this one table probably longer than that, which bothered him a lot because it meant he showed signs of him being in deep thought. 

 "Tch, don't waste your time watching me clean. Or better yet, if you don't have anything to do, you can come over here and help me clean this damn room," Levi said as he threw a rag at Hanji's face. 

 Hanji chuckled as she grabbed the rag from her face. "You never stop cleaning, Levi," she said as she set the cup down on another table. "Fine, I'll help you," Hanji said. 

 Levi never thought she would've said that. Normally, she would run away from him quickly before he even got the chance to suggest her cleaning. But not today. Today she actually stayed and agreed to help, which made Levi's face heat up even more.