Friends - I Miss You

Hanji missed him a lot, even though he had disappeared ages ago. She wondered what had happened to him, now that it's been about two decades since he'd disappeared. At first, she thought he didn't want to be her friend anymore. When he had disappeared, she had cried all night and looked for him every day. Now that she was older and understood more than she did when she was a little girl, she started to wonder that maybe he had died and she didn't know.

"Are you alright, Hanji?" Nanaba asked when she saw how down Hanji really was.

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing. Really." Hanji said and returned to her paperwork.

"Are you still thinking about him?" Nanaba asked.

Hanji knew she was bad at lying. Plus, Nanaba knows a lot about Hanji's pass. Including the one that involved a raven-haired childhood friend that she missed dearly.

"Yes. I still wonder what happened to him." Hanji said.

"You said he was an orphan, right?"

"Yes."

"Maybe he got really ill and died." Nanaba said. "It's sad to think about, but that's how most orphans disappear."

Hanji looked down at her papers and sighed. It was possible that he had died without her knowing. "Yeah, you're probably right." Hanji whispered.

"Hey, but the past's the past, right? Plus, you can relive those moments with him in your memories." Nanaba said. "I bet he was a good friend to you."

Hanji gave a small chuckle and smiled. "Yeah. He really was nice to me. He was pretty much an asshole to everyone else." Hanji said as memories of Levi comforting her came up in her mind.

Nanaba smiled. "Tell me something about him that made you happy." Nanaba said.

Hanji gave the biggest smile as she remembered. "When we were six, he saved up money to buy me chocolate for Valentine's Day. He told me I deserved it since I was just as sweet as chocolate. But I think he said that because I was the only one who understood him and didn't called him a freak." Hanji said. "And the last time I saw him- I think I was eight, he gave me a flower he thought was pretty. Now that I think about it, he was quite romantic, but awkward too." Hanji giggled.

Nanaba saw Hanji's eyes gleam as she spoke of her childhood friend. She knew a couple of things about him, but not much since she never really was the type to pried about the past. Hanji kept talking about her memories with Nanaba.

An hour or so later, a knock on the door interrupted Hanji. Nanaba gave a small pout before opening the door. "Mike?"

"Commander Keith and Erwin ask us to gather in the front." Mike said.

"What for?" Hanji asked as she stood up from her chair.

Mike didn't respond anything. He began to walk away, leaving Nanaba and Hanji to follow him, a bit confused on what was going on.

When they got to the front of HQ, they saw every one in the Scout Regiment all lined up. Mike pointed out where Hanji and Nanaba were suppose to stand in line.

Hanji saw Commander Keith and Erwin up on stage. She had wondered what was so important. Her eyes then wondered to what was behind them. She saw three people in their uniforms. Two males and one female. Do we have new cadets this year, Hanji asked herself.

A male, a really short male, looked so familiar to Hanji. He had an undercut and black hai, like someone she loved. As Commander Keith began to talk, Hanji continued to look at the short, black haired male.

"... Go on and introduce yourself to everyone." Commander Keith said.

There was a small pause. Hanji wanted to desperately know what the short male's name was. It was driving her crazy.