Hiccups!

The halls were quiet than usual. Normally, there would be a few cadets walking down the hallways, either on their way to the mess hall, training, or helping a squad leader out with something.

Hiccup!

The sound pierce the air as Squad Leader Hanji Zoe walked down the empty hallways. When she woke up this morning, the first thing her body did was hiccuped. And thirty minutes after waking up, it continued.

Hiccup!

It happened every ten seconds or so, so Hanji simply ignored the hiccups, knowing sooner or later it will go away, and continued her day.

"Good morning, Moblit!" Hanji greeted to her assistant, Moblit, when she got to the mess hall.

Hiccup!

Moblit gave Hanji a smile as she sat next to him at breakfast. "Got hiccups, Squad Leader?" Moblit asked.

Hanji nodded. "Yep. I woke up this morning with them. But I'm sure they'll settle down once I eat something." Hanji said.

This statement was proven wrong. After breakfast, Hanji had to do important things. And by important, she has to do experiments on Sawney and Bean. While conducting experiments on them, Hanji noticed the hiccups wouldn't go away, and it bothered her a lot considering the fact her head ache every time she hiccuped.

"Moblit, get the results down for me, I'm going to get something to calm these hiccups down." Hanji said as she began to leave the scene. Moblit, like the good person and assistant he is, quickly got the results down on paper for his squad leader when she left.

Hanji immediately headed for the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. She knew one way to calm the hiccups down was by drinking water, or so that's what has been told. And moments after her drink of water, they had manage to calm down. When Hanji noted the hiccups were gone, she went back to work on her experiments.

--------

"Moblit! Did you get that down!?" Hanji asked her assistant.

"Yes Squad Leader!" Moblit replied as he finished writing the last sentence.

Hanji sighed in relief. She set the spear down, but only to have Sawney try to bite her. Hanji successfully backed up. For a second, she was scared, but then laughed it off. "You almost got me there, Sawney!" Hanji said in between her laughs.

Moblit pushed Hanji even further back. He was truly scared out of his wits, and was glad his Squad Leader backed off in time before the beast ate her. "Squad Leader! You have to be more careful!" Moblit said.

Hiccup!

Hanji sighed again when she realized the hiccup came from her. "Great." Hanji said as she shook her head.

"Got the hiccups again, Squad Leader?" Moblit asked.

Yes!" Hanji whined, disappointed once more. She took off her glasses and put them on top of her head and then, she pinched in bridge of her nose in frustration.

Hiccup!

"Dammit!" Hanji cursed, leaving the scene as the other soldiers began to clean up after the experiment.

She guessed the fright gave her the hiccups again and now she had to deal with them for a while now... again. In all honesty, it annoyed her. She hated how her head would hurt every time she hiccuped and how her chest aches and how she felt like she couldn't breathe correctly, because she had the hiccups.

She went to the kitchen again to grab a glass of water, again. There, she saw Levi and Eld cleaning up the kitchen.

"Hanji, don't steal any more food," Levi stated without facing her as she walked in.

"I'm not like Sasha, Levi."

Hiccups!

"Got the hiccups, squad leader?" Eld asked.

"It started again," Hanji sighed as she grabbed a glass of water. "It's starting to annoy me."

"Maybe you need a good scare to get rid of them," Eld said with a smirk.

"If you're going to scare me, don't announce it because I'll expect it," Hanji stated after drinking the water.

"Hmm," Eld hummed with amusement, getting back to work because he could feel a stare coming from Levi.

"If I were you, judging by Eld's reaction, I'd be careful," Levi warned Hanji.

"They're just hiccups guys!" Hanji exclaimed.

Hiccups!

"They'll be gone, sooner or later," Hanji said, laughing it off. Only thing, they weren't gone sooner or later and they were driving Hanji insane. 

 It was late in the afternoon now and the hiccups wouldn't stop. Everyone in the regiment had given Hanji quite the scare, but the stubborn hiccups just wouldn't go away. Well, almost everyone. Levi was the only one who hadn't scared her. And Hanji had tried everything to get those hiccups away. She drank cups of water. She held her breath for ten seconds. Then repeat. 

 It worried her, though. She heard of people having hiccups for years and they never stopped. Though, this could also just be them exaggerating, but anything could be possible right? 

 Hanji walked down the hallway that led to her room, still hiccuping every ten to fifteen seconds. She looked up and saw Levi was walking towards her and she wondered what he was doing here. 

 "Levi, what are you doing here?" Hanji questioned when he was in front of her. 

 The next thing she knew, Levi grabbed the collar of her uniform jacket and kissed her. Hanji froze in place for a moment, but then slowly melted into the kiss, feeling her cheeks heat up, her heart pump faster than usual, and her head buzzing. It felt like an eternity, but Levi was the first to break the kiss. Neither of them said a word for a while, they just stared at each other for a while. 

 "Tell me if the hiccups are gone," Levi stated. 

 "Y-yeah, I will," Hanji said, trying her best to have an even voice. 

 Levi let go of the jacket and looked away for a moment. "You know... I like you. Not in the friendship kind of way, but the couple way," he said. 

 Hanji smiled and hugged Levi. "I like you a lot, too." 

------------

 Hey guys! Sorry I hadn't uploaded in like three months! I'll promise to upload more!

 Sincerely, 

 the mad author