Chapter 44: "Dreams and Disasters"

Start from the beginning

"Got cha, boss! Morning, Sans!" You told him, making sure to be quiet. He smiled at you, and waved his small hand rapidly. "GOOD MORNING!" He chirped and you returned his blissful grin, turning to Papyrus.

He was dressed in his normal outfit. Definitely not a breath of fresh air like last night's look was, but still handsome as ever. His orange hoodie is a classic at this point, no wonder he wears it so much. And, hell if it's soft on the outside, it must be even more luxurious on the inside. Perhaps one day you'll get the chance to try it on, but, you highly doubt it at this point. Especially with the dream you had last night.

Unlike a certain carrot of a skeleton, you decided to dress in something slightly cute for him, but still very appropriate for work at Muffet's. So, you ended up choosing black leggings, your plaid black, white, and purple button up shirt with a plain black tee underneath. And with that, you complemented your outfit with your favorite shoes since you'd be wearing Heelys at work anyway. But, other than your outfit, you didn't change much else. He seemed like he didn't mind though, after all, he's grinning at your shirt.

"damn, you're gonna fit right in. your shirt totes looks like muffet's." Papyrus remarked, then laughed and you soon followed it. "Oh, man. It does! How absolutely wild." You replied with a snicker before you both exchanged a fist-bump.

"well, we gotta run now if we want time to ourselves. i want a bagel, after all." Papyrus remarked and you nodded. "Got ya. Oh, Sans will you tell Maia I said good morning? And, your welcome to eat anything I have in the house!" You started, then paused. "Just... Check the date first. It'd be very wise." You added and he nodded, smiling again. "THANK YOU, AND I WILL! YOU TWO HAVE FUN!" Sans chirped and waved, and you both did the same as you walked to the door. You grabbed your bag off the table near the door, then Papyrus turned the handle and opened it. "sans, will ya get my stuff for me?" He asked, turning around and Sans nodded. "YES! OF COURSE!" "ah, thanks, bro. i appreciate it." He thanked him before waving once more, taking a hold of your hand before leading you outside, closing the door before making his way down the stairs with you beside him.

"let's walk past the police so they know you're leaving home, then how about i take one of my famous 'shortcuts' to muffet's, ey?" Papyrus suggested and you thought over his words for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah that's a good idea, actually! Let's do it." You responded and he smiled as you both continued down the flights of stairs.

Once you both reached the bottom of the complex, you jogged to the door, opening it and holding it open for Papyrus. "Ladies first~" You purred, and he snorted, making his voice higher before replying "oh, thank you, my dear!" in a pretty bad feminine voice. That made you giggle and he walked through the door, you trailing behind him quickly.

You looked amongst the cars and saw the police officer in a car parked across the street right in front of Sans' car. He looked left and right, then sprung from his car, casually walking across the street to you and Papyrus. You have a feeling this breaks protocol, but you're not sure in any way, shape, or form, so you're not gonna mention it.

The man was dressed in 'normal' clothes to fit in with the area, and if you hadn't known he'd be out here, you'd think he's just a random citizen. He's around 5'6", has olive skin, brown eyes, and very dark brown—almost black hair.

"Hey, you two. Uh, I'm the-oh, you know, don't you?" He started, a bit shy at first. "yeah, we do, but ya go ahead and tell us what ya gotta, bud." Papyrus replied, then the officer nodded, dipping his head. "Grazie... Upon request, Detective Smith and Detective Lin have sent an undercover officer to stay at Muffet's for the day. So, don't be concerned if you see someone random lurking in the corner while you work." He explained and you nodded. "Got you, isn't this a lot though? With all the surveillance and protection?" You questioned and the officer shook his head. "Not at all, ma'am. Mr. Ricardo is dangerous, very dangerous. We must take all precautions to keep you, and the rest of civilization safe from him." He explained and you nodded. "Oh, alright. I understand. Thank you all for everything you're doing. You have a nice day now, alright?" You spoke to him and he smiled genuinely, reaching out shaking both yours and Papyrus' hands. "Of course, same to you and to you as well, sir. Ciao!" The cop once again spoke before turning and walking away. And with that, you and Papyrus continued your walk once again.