Chapter 44: "Dreams and Disasters"

Начните с самого начала

He fell silent, then sighed deeply. In this awkward moment, you took time to look over to Maia and Sans' pillow fort. The two sleeping forms were pressed against each other peacefully. And the longer you looked at them from the small opening of their creation, you grew more and more jealous that they ended up having more of a tranquil night than you.

"(y/n)." Papyrus spoke quietly, making you snap back into reality. But, you didn't look to him. You just looked to the window, seeing the morning light pour in. At the sudden change of light, your pupils shrunk and you blinked your eyes at the sudden pain. So, you whipped your face to the wall instead to avoid the unfortunate ache.

"did you have a dream about austin?" Papyrus suddenly asked and you swallowed hard, biting your lip. But, you knew you couldn't talk about your dream with him. That'd be one hell of a way to tell him you love him. So, you lied and nodded your head slowly. In sympathy, he moved closer again and put his arm around you comfortingly. "hey, hey..." He spoke soothingly. "everything will be good, kid. that jackass won't be able to even get close to you. we'll make sure to keep you safe, honey." He spoke softly. You lowered your head at first, but you couldn't help but smile at his warm nickname for you. "Thank you, P-Papyrus..." You spoke, sniffing as you wiped your nose with your wrist gently.

Did you feel a tad bit better? Well, yes. But, the doubts still infect your mind. That's what dreams like this do, right? Takes a person you love and respect, and makes you wonder if they really think the same of you. Why did he give you a chance after seeing you at the monster protest? That thought had left your mind for a good while, but now, you can't get it to go away again. Well, at least after this, perhaps you an Papyrus can snooze again.

Rapid beeping soon filled the air and you groaned. You hate when you wake up before your alarm goes off, but, not wanting to wake anyone else, you swiftly reach over and turn off the alarm on your phone, yawning. "feelin' better?" Papyrus asked you and you slowly nodded before standing up. "Yeah, a bit... It'll take a while longer for me to get over that though. Dreams can really suck sometimes." You spoke and he nodded. "dreams, and sleep paralysis both can be so frickin' scary. er—did ya wanna talk about your dream, by the way?" He asked as you stood up, turning toward him and lowkey admiring his handsome features. But, you didn't get too carried away, in fact you made sure you replied so he wouldn't know you're totally checking him out. "No, it's... It's not that different from the others." You responded, directing your gaze back to his pinpricks. Uncomfortably, you rubbed your arm, glancing to the side and he nodded. "ah, got cha. well, if ya change your mind, just lemme know and i'll be happy to listen." Dammit, he's too nice. There's no way he actually hates you, what are you thinking? Same with how Maia would never say such bullshit about you. It's just not how they really are.

"Thank you again, Papy... I cannot thank you enough." You responded, then smiled warmly and that made his signature grin appear on his own skull. "my pleasure, kiddo. now, you should go get ready so we can eat before you need to work." He spoke and you raised an eyebrow. "Ooh~ didn't know that was the plan, but I'm not arguing. I'll go shower. Thank you, Pap! You're the best!" You told him sweetly before running to him, pulling him into a hug. "my pleasure, (y/n). ya deserve it!" He replied, smiling as he hugged you back. And, as soon as you parted, you rushed to the shower to get ready for the workday ahead of you. Hopefully your shower thoughts won't pull you any further into the possibility of an existential crisis.

---------------------------------------------

As soon as you pulled your look together for the day, you stepped out from your room to see Papyrus had gotten changed as well. Not only that, but Sans had gotten up and was drinking a glass of water. "GOOD MORNING, (Y\N). PLEASE BE CAREFUL TO NOT WAKE MAIA. SHE LOOKS SO CONTENT SLEEPING!" He spoke, still in his normal tone... But it was obvious it was a bit quieter so he wouldn't wake her.