Chapter 1

Ashton's POV:

I woke up, startled to hear Luke's singing. I knew he was practicing, but I didn't expect to hear him this early in the morning. I got up and grabbed my phone, shoving it in my pajama pocket. "Mornin'. What're you doing up so early?" I asked him fixing my hair and going to the cabinet to get some tea, heating up the water in the process.

"I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd just start practicing. Did I wake you?" He asked, not looking at me. I could tell he didn't care either way.

"Nah," I lied. "I should be getting ready now anyhow. We've gotta be at the venue at 7, you know?" I questioned, staring at the kettle. I started tapping my fingers on the counter, making a beat.

"Oh, seriously? I thought it was 10, they changed it?" He asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Apparently we've got a new hair dresser-slash-stylist. They want us to get to know them so they can get a feel for our look. Plus we need something to wear for the show tonight." I explained. Luke let out a simple 'ah', nodding. I nodded to and then my tea was ready. I poured Luke a cup nonchalantly and handed it to him. He thanked me and said he was gonna sit on the stairs outside with it. I nodded and sat down at the table. I sipped my tea slowly and sighed, pulling out my phone. I scrolled my phone, seeing nothing of much interest on Instagram this morning. I liked a few posts, but nothing was really entertaining me. I decided I'd go to my dm's and reply to some fans. I always liked to make people smile, so why not start out my morning doing that? As I finished up saying good morning to a few people, the door swung open. "Man, you coming? It's almost 7." It was Luke. I looked at the time on my phone and swore to myself. I had been on Instagram for almost an hour and I hadn't even realized it.

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming." I said getting up. Luke cut me off.

"You're not gonna get dressed?" He asked. I looked down to see I was still wearing my pajamas. I rolled my eyes.

"Well I don't exactly have a choice right now. We have a new stylist, so they can deal with this." Luke sighed in disappointment and left the room as I followed quickly behind only to get into a car. The other boys rolled there eyes when they saw me.

"Dude-" Michael started but I stopped him.

"Please nobody say anything about what I look like. I already know." I giggled nervously. They all quieted down, some mumbling that it was too early to argue as we "enjoyed" a quiet ride, with the music on low, to the venue.

Once we got to the venue, I stood there in awe. I know it's been awhile of us doing this, but it never ceases to amaze me that a stadium of this size gets filled with people that want to see us. It's amazing... "Yo, earth to Ash. We gotta go, man. We're already late." Calum said, shaking me out of my thoughts. I apologized as I rushed into the stadium with them. We made our way to the dressing room. I was the first one to barge in and look awkwardly around the room.

"Hi?" I heard a voice as I turned my head to the source. She stood there, looking at me questioningly. I smirked.

"Hello! Uh I-" Michael cut me off.

"What's up! I'm Mikey. That's Ash, Cal, and Luke." He pointed to us. "Nice to meet you." He said holding out his hand to her. She took it with a warm smile, shaking it.

"I'm Kirsten. And the pleasures all mine." She let out a small laugh. She had blonde hair, bright blue eyes, a pale complexion, and a really welcoming attitude. I smiled and put out my hand to shake hers. She took it hesitantly, but with a smile still on her face. The other boys followed in suit of me. "So are you guys ready? I have a few things I was putting together for all of you. I looked at your instagrams since you guys were running a little late, which is perfectly fine by the way, and I got the feel for your style. Uh..." she looked at me. "I think if I get... Luke, Calum, and Michael done first, I can get you guys to practice quicker. Ashton, you're gonna take a bit longer." She smiled shyly at me. I sighed, my face heating up, and looked down.

"Yeah I was in a rush this morning. Sorry about that." She smiled.

"No worries. Here," she handed a brush to me. "Brush out your hair and then chill out for a few while I get the other boys done. If you're still bored you can look at some clothes I brought." I nodded, obeying. I felt like she was a teacher, but I didn't protest and did as she said. She got the other boys done really quickly, their hair and clothes were sick and she really did a great job. The other boys seemed to be pleased as well. She smiled with pride when they thanked her and complimented her on her work. The boys left right on time to begin practice. She then came up to me. "So... are you ready now?" She asked. I nodded, not able to form words. I was embarrassed to say the least. She walked me over to the clothes first. "So you were going for the 'lazy-day-look', huh?" She giggled. I smirked.

"Yeah it was an odd morning... I woke up early, believe it or not, but I just got distracted by Instagram." I explained. I watched her pick out clothes to see her nod.

"Ah, I see. I'm not really a social media type of person myself. To be honest I try to stay off of it unless I'm bored or if I need it." She said taking a shirt off a hanger, examining it.

"I don't really have much of a choice. My life's pretty much surrounded by media." She handed me the shirt. I took off mine and caught her staring at me. She looked away quickly, though, and started browsing at the pants she brought. My face started to heat up again, so I'm glad her back was to me.

"Uh... Yeah I get that. So ehm... sorry." She said quietly. She handed me a pair of pants and a pair of shoes. "Put these on and I'm gonna go right over their and get my hair equipment ready for you, alright?" I nodded. She walked away quickly, but I stopped her.

"Hey, it's alright. Really." I smiled kindly. She smiled back and nodded. After, she continued walking, with more confidence now, over to her equipment. Once I finished putting on what Kirsten had given me, I walked over and sat down. She turned on the LED lights on the mirror.

"I'm just gonna do your hair for now, and, as I told the others, I'll put some light makeup on you before the show starts, so don't forget to come see me." She informed me. I nodded.

"Sure thing." She smiled and began working on fixing my hair. She styled it really nicely. I watched her as she did. She didn't notice because she was so intent on focusing on her work which was something I definitely admired in her. When she finished I went over to the bigger mirror to look at the finished look. I smirked and posed. She withheld a laugh. I giggled. "You like that?" I posed again. She let out an actual laugh to that.

"Oooh yeah. Totally, Ash." I took one more look at myself, normally this time. She really did do a great job.

"Thanks so much. It honestly looks fantastic. I hope we keep you around." I turned to her.

"I hope you do too." She said. We then said our goodbyes and I went to go join the boys on stage to practice alongside them. I think I'm gonna like this change in stylists...