"No, the principal lets us wear whatever we want for spirit days." Zayn explained. "He wants to promote school spirit and all that crap."

Fiona put a hand on my shoulder and smiled, "Hey Char, we're having cheerleading tryouts today after school for those who missed the first deadline—you should totally join!"

Just picturing myself trying to even attempt a cartwheel made me laugh.

"I'm not really the cheerleading type."

"That's okay, you can always be the girl who holds the signs, no experience needed. I can give you a uniform and everything," she said, "Come on, it'll be fun!" She seemed so excited to have me join that I didn't want to say no.

"Okay." I blurted.

"Great!" She handed me a slip of paper with all of the info, "Tryouts are right after school on A field."

"Uh, where's that again?"

She spoke too quickly for me to actually digest the information, "When you walk out of the south entrance, it's the field next to the biggest stadium. We usually practice in one of the stadiums but the football team has an emergency practice or whatever." Fiona gave Mars a look as she talked.

"What, it's not my fault."

"Yeah, it is, you could tell Coach Vinny to let us have the field for once. Y'all are always hogging the stadium."

"We don't always hog the stadium. Besides, there wouldn't even be any cheerleading without football."

She gasped dramatically and feigned offense, "Take that back."

"We both know it's true."

Pop music started playing from the intercom and the halls flooded with students rushing to their classes. I'd have to get used to music instead of the bell.

"Let's go, guys, we don't want to be late for health class," Zayn spoke up.

"Oh, are you all in the same class?"

"Yeah, but I can show you where your first class is." Mars nodded at me and then to his friends. "Save me a seat."

"Will do, see you soon." They waved goodbye and we parted ways.

Mars and I walked down the hall. Several guys gave him a curt "what's up, Mars" while some girls wished him good luck at the game.

But almost everyone had their eyes on me. Why were they staring at me? Had they never seen a Sagittarius before?

"I'm sorry I couldn't get you into any of my classes."

"It's okay, I know you tried." Making friends was the least of my problems, I was more worried about the cheerleading tryouts I'd accidentally agreed to.

"You didn't have to say yes to Fiona, you know," he said, almost as if he'd read my mind.

"No, I wanted to do it. It sounds fun."

"Okay," he stopped infront of a doorway, "I'll try to catch you after class."

I debated on whether or not to lean in for a hug but when I noticed that his body language was closed off, I thought against it. Instead, I smiled and gave a small, awkward wave, "See you later."

Art class was up first and it wasn't something I was actually looking forward to. Everyone in the class could draw with their eyes closed while I just hid in the back so no one could see my deformed "art". Cade would be so disappointed, I bet if he saw my art he'd—