| Chapter 7 |

"This is completely fuckery. Fucking fuckity fuckery."

Leo glanced over his shoulder. "Can you stop saying that? This book is supposed to be PG 13."

"Does it even matter?" Nico huffed, crossing his arms. "The author hasn't updated in like forever. The readers probably just decided 'fuck this' and left."

"Nah, I don't think so. They'll probably comment on that saying that they're still here and stuff. They're awesome like that." Leo perked up as they approached Thalia's tree, where a crowd of demigods were gathered, chattering excitedly. "Okay, I'd bet my tool belt that he's around there."

Nico shrugged. "I'll take that action... even though I could just poof in while you're asleep and take it if I wanted to."

Leo narrowed his eyes. Nico coughed and batted his eyelashes innocently. "I mean, what? The author doesn't endorse stealing, and I definitely don't use my shadow traveling to grab anything I want. That would be wrong and immoral."

Leo stared at him for a moment. Nico suddenly found the ground very interesting, and oh, would you look at that, there's a ladybug on his shoe!

"...Right," Leo said finally, still squinting at him suspiciously. "Note to self: build an anti-Nico safe."

"So what, you're just gonna put a bunch of garlic around it?" Percy, having suddenly appeared, grinned.

Leo practically jumped out of his skin. "Hephaestus's ballsa—"

"Hey," Percy said sternly. "PG, remember?"

"Aha, I get it," Nico deadpanned. "Garlic. 'Cos I'm like a vampire. Hilarious. Way to go, Persassy. Comedy gold."

"I know you're being sarcastic, but for the sake of boosting my self-esteem, I'm gonna take that as a compliment," Percy told him. "So thank you."

"You're not welcome."

"Are we gonna ignore the fact that the author literally just made him appear?" Leo demanded.

"Well, that's what she's hoping," Annabeth mused, suddenly standing next to Percy.

Leo's hair caught fire and he leaped back a few feet. "Holy fuck—"

"PG!" Nico, Percy and Annabeth chorused together.

"Alright, alright! Gods." Leo grumbled, patting the top of his head furiously. "Why are you guys even here?"

Annabeth's face lit up. "Same reason you are! To see Tony freaking Stark — in person!"

Percy glanced at them warily. "Piper told us a few minutes ago. She"—he motioned to Annabeth—"hasn't stopped talking about him since. The Stolls and I had to physically restrain her from running out to meet him."

"Tony freaking Stark!" Annabeth exclaimed again, eyes alight with excitement. "He's a genius! Absolutely brilliant! I've been studying his tower for the past few months and—"

Percy shot them a long-suffering look as he dragged her off, still chattering energetically about Stark's architectural accomplishments.

"Wow," Nico said, after a moment of silence. "That was a really long piece of writing that serves literally no purpose except comedic relief and adding in two main characters from the original series in the hopes that people will be inclined to continue reading so as to see more of their favourite characters."

Leo whacked his arm. "Hey. Stop calling people out."

"It's true," Nico shrugged. "The author herself admitted it. Hell, she's the one who wrote this in."

"Okay, enough with breaking the fourth wall today," Leo said, resuming his march toward the crowd of demigods. "Let's go see Tony freaking Stark!"

Nico rolled his eyes but followed anyway, pushing his way through the sea of excited teenagers.

"Is that Tony Stark?"

"Yeah, I think it is!"

"What is he doing around here?"

"Oh, for Hermes's sake — Connor, don't tell me you ordered another pizza."

"I mean... I did, but I highly doubt Tony freaking Stark is working as a pizza delivery guy."

Just over the hill, Nico could make out a man with sunglasses perched on the bridge of his nose. He couldn't see his face clearly, but he was wearing an expensive-looking suit, and the way he carried himself left no doubt; Tony freaking Stark had stumbled onto their camp.

"Asshole," Nico grunted. Leo shot him a withering look. "...Sorry, 'jerk'. Whatever."

"Shame that we can't talk to him," Travis, lurking behind Nico, sighed. "I'd love to get my hands on that watch."

Leo made a face. "How would having a conversation with him end in you getting his watch?"

"Gotta get up close and personal to pickpocket," Travis said nonchalantly. "For example, might wanna check your shoes."

"What about my—" Leo looked down at his bare feet and yelped. "What the Hades—TRAVIS!"

But Travis had disappeared in the crowd, taking Leo's shoes with him.

"I'm gonna whack him to the Underworld with my mallet," Leo grumbled. "Little turd."

"Hey, guys, he's coming this way!"

Nico glanced over. Tony Stark was, indeed, walking over to the camp, heading straight for the group of demigods as if he could see through the Mist surrounding them.

Nico almost snorted at the thought. Tony Stark, being able to see through the Mist. Now that would really be a bitc—

"HEY!" Stark shouted, pointing directly at Nico. "YOU!"

Nico's mind came screeching to a halt. Immediately, all chattering ceased.

No.

No freaking way.

No, author, Nico thought desperately, come on. Please don't do this to me.

"HEY, KID!"

Maybe he's not talking to me. There are tons of kids here—

"NICO DI ANGELO!"

...Oh, Gods dammit.

Fourth wall who?

So, yeah. Not the best ending, I know. I'm trying to get back into this whole Wattpad thing. Apologies for the terrible writing.

Anyway. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Be sure to leave feedback and tell me if there are any spelling errors — I'll be sure to correct them immediately.

Until next time!

Rach