Betrayal at its Finest

*photo of Toby*

I stared in the window of the interrogation room. Just like nothing had ever happened, i remembered things. I remembered my job, i remember being mugged, i remember being in the bar with Toby, i remember the history between me and Spencer. Most of all i remember my brother's theory stating that Spencer was setting us up for a betrayal. I watched Oliver and Dean interrogate Toby neither one being the good cop, neither one being the bad cop. Not that i really cared, Toby was just some dude i was using at the bar. While they were busy with him, I walked into the office with some other officers in it with files. I recognize Paul instantly.
"Paul what the hell is going on?"
"Nikols, the hell you doing here? Your not cleared for this." I rolled my eyes.
"Please, you think you can keep me out for a week?" He chuckles crossing his arms. "Come on Paul, its not irk I'm in the field. It's just files, i want to know why the hell Spencers locked up and what kind of evidence we have on him."
"Fine." He handed me a file. "But your not gonna like this. We brought him in because the knife the guy who mugged you used was issued to Spencer from the police department, and we found Spencers card in the dead guys pocket." I read through the file and sighed. Unbelievable.
"Lets go Paul. If anyone is going to get him to talk. It's gonna be me and you know it,"
"Let me get Oliver,"
"No! They dont know my memories back and I'm gonna keep it that way. Word got around i know you heard of my amnesia, most likely Spencer did too. I'm going to use it to our advantage." He crosses his arms.
"Do you realize your partner will have my ass if he learns I let you do this?" I chuckled.
"Don't worry Paul, you aren't going anywhere." I smiled as we walked to the interrogation room where two officers put Spencer. I took a deep breath as I recalled how my previous self acted. Sweet, innocent, curious. I'm going to be everything I'm not basically. I looked at Paul who nodded, before taking a deep breath and walking in the room. He looked shocked.
"Spence?" I walked over to him placing my hands on his. "Spence why are you here whats going on?" I put a worried look on my face as his softened.
"Why are you in here?"
"I'm trying to get my memory back. I was so bored at home that when Ollie got the call I begged him to bring me. Hoping i would remember. Then i saw you in the cell and panicked. Spence whats going on?" I interlocked my fingers with his putting some tears in my eyes threatening to fall. He rubbed his thumb against my hand.
"They think I did this to you baby." Mentally cringes "somehow the guy who attacked you had my police issued knife on them. I told them i remembered him because i saw him at the diner that weekend. We talked and i gave I'm my card to call me if he remembered anything else. I have no clue how he got my knife i swear." I put a shocked look on my face.
"They think you did this to me? Why would they get such an absurd idea?"
"Well we didn't exactly end on good terms." I cocked my head to the side.
"What do you mean." He chuckled and looked down. Why the hell is he laughing.
"You killed me, angel." He said nonchalantly. Bingo, he's cracking. "You were supposed to marry me remember? But you couldnt pull yourself away from the job long enough to be happy. We could of been happy babygirl." He smirked at me and i smiled back.
"Spence thats crazy, why would i ever leave you." I batted my eyes at him and his face softened.
"Love I wish it was a different scenario. I'm going away for a while. This would of been so much easier if you'd just of let Lenard kill you in that ally. Now I'm going to jail and I dont get to see it happen. Cupcake, i have enough people out for you that you'll never get to be happy. From now on you get what you have always wanted. To be married to your work." He smiled an evil smile before kissing my hand. "Till death do you part." I was shocked. How did I ever effect him this way?
"I'm sorry Spence." I stuttered as an officer comes to the door.
"Times up Nikols." I let a tear fall and walk our of the room and right into an extremely angry Oliver and Dean.
"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING JUNIPER?" Oliver yelled at me making me cringe.
"I was thinking say it dont spray it jack ass. We needed information and i fucking got it now get the hell out of my goddamned face." I spit back pushing through the both of them heading to the bathroom. I locked myself in. I can't believe i made Spencer do this. This is all my fault. I walk out of the bathroom and sneak out of the house out of sight. I get into the car and realize i dont have the keys to leave. So I run, I take off down the road before realizing where i am. I'm in the headquarters located in the middle of the woods. I follow the road and head north where i know main town in located about five or six miles away.
I started feeling the tears heading down my face. I could have avoided this entire situation, I shouldn't have lead him on, I shouldn't have stolen his heart, I shouldn't have refused his proposal. I did love him. I just loved my work more. How fucked up is that? I look up and see I made it in front of the Walmart located close to my house. I stood here for a minute before taking off in the opposite dirrection, towards the cemetery.