chapter ten

"Rosie, we leave in fifteen." Soojin announced. Rosé and her team were getting ready to go to a CF shooting, in Daegu. They were early in the studio, checking the already packed stuff, so that they don't leave anything important behind.

Rosé was sitting on her chair, as her stylists and make up artist dolled her up. They straightened out her blonde hair, and put on required amount of make up for the CF. They decided that they will dress her up once they reach the set, so that it accidentally doesn't get ruined on the way.

Rosé was going through her Twitter, catching up with her Rosénators. Whenever she was bored or sad, she would go on Twitter and look through her fan's accounts. It always gave her a boost and she felt happy.

Soojin tapped on her shoulder, gaining her attention. "We're leaving right now." She said. Rosé nodded and got up to leave, when another staff came barging in her room.

"Whoa. What's going on?" Soojin asked. "It's here again. He sent it again." She said, with pure concern.

Rosé froze as her face turned white. She knew exactly what the staff was talking about.

The bloody rose.

They rushed outside to find a box open in the hallway, as a few of Rosé's management team were gathered around it. They made way for her when they saw her approaching the box, slowly, with fear clearly visible on her face.

She peered into the box and saw it.

A white rose covered with blood.

And a handwritten note attached to it.

Her breath started becoming irregular and she felt dizzy. Soojin and few other staffs held her before she could collapse. She steadied herself and looked at one of the male staffs.

"Read the letter please." She said to him.

"Rosie, I don't think it's the best idea." Soojin whispered for her to hear.

"No I want to know what is he saying this time." She said, nervously but firm enough so that no one questions her.

The male staff picked up the letter attached to the rose, and carefully opened it. He cleared his throat and began to read.

My dear Rosie,

It's my fifth rose this month. I'm hurt that you still refuse to meet me. Every week, I cut my hand just to decorate the beautiful white rose for you, but you don't acknowledge my sacrifice. How much more do you want me to suffer before I get to see you, touch you, feel you...

The staff closed his eyes after reading that, trying to contain his disgust. But, he continued to read the letter soon after.

Just know that I won't give up on you. No matter how much you run away from me, I will get to you. And when I do, there's going to be no escape for you. See you soon my love.

Your biggest fanboy.

The staff put down the letter and stared at the ground. He was disgusted and creeped out. In fact, everyone was.

But Rosé was terrified. She has never been more scared in her entire life. She covered her mouth as tears started falling from her eyes.

She started to run away from the crowd, looking sympathetically towards her. No one followed her because they knew she needed a few minutes to herself. She kept running and running, until crashed into someone who had just entered the floor.

"Chaeyoung?"

It was Jungkook. He focused on her face after catching her.

She was crying very hard. Seeing her tears made his heart hurt instantly, as anger and sadness creeped up to him.

"What happened baby? Why are you crying?" He asked as he hugged her tightly. Rosé didn't say anything, instead wrapped her tiny hands around his body and hid her face on his chest. She kept sobbing without saying a word, and he didn't push her to answer. He just kept holding her, hearing her soft sobs, trying hard not to cry himself.

"Do you want some water baby?" He asked. She pulled back and nodded, wiping her tears on her sleeve.

He pulled out a small water bottle from his carry bag, and made her sit on the bench located in the hallway.

She drank the water halfway, in small sips. Jungkook just waited for her to feel calm again, before asking any further questions.

"Better?" He asked. She nodded lightly, but did not smile. She just sat there frozen.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

She shook her head indicating a no. He sighed, but he understood. There are some topics that people need time to share with others.

"Okay. I understand. Take your time. I'll just call Soojin so that she can take you home okay?" He said.

"I have a shoot today. I can't go home." She answered.

"Well, not to intrude or anything, but you don't seem okay to shoot today. Just go home and rest okay? I'm sure everyone will understand. Everything is going to be fine." Jungkook gently explained.

"Are you sure everything will be okay?" She asked.

"I promise. Whatever it is, it's going to be fine. I'm right here beside you, if you ever need anything. Trust me." He said, with a smile that somewhat calmed Rosé.

Jungkook called for Soojin who came rushing as soon as she got the news. She agreed with Jungkook that the shoot should be postponed and Rosé should just go home for now.

"Um... Soojin, meet me after you've dropped her off at her apartment." Jungkook told the manager when he was sure enough that Rosé was out of their earshot.