Chapter 6

"Brother look! Down there!" Zhang Shun pointed at the woods far beneath them. They were currently up above the sky standing leisurely in balance with their flame wheels.

The clouds that covered the moon and stars had dissipated and gave way for the light to shone upon the whole forest.

Normal human wouldn't be able to make out anything except for green leaves even if they squinted like their lives depended on it. Even low or middle level cultivator would also had a hard time discerning anything. The twins were not yet high leveled, however they were able to look at everything clearly resembled an eagle hunting their prey.

They both saw a dark figure oozing with malicious aura among all the moving things below, flashing hastily from tree to tree. Soon after locking their sight on it, they leaned their body and spear forward, then struck down like lightning.

They flashed like arrows and landed precisely in before and behind the figure to block it like sandwich. The dark figure was startled yet it felt like it couldn't ran because it would be futile, so it only put up a wild stance and growl hoarsely.

The figure was finally revealed under the moonlight, it was in fact a girl donned in tattered washed robe decorated with several splattered dry blood. Her complexion was pale dark akin to a corpse, her expression was fierce, her pupil and eyes were both bloodshot with messy fangs grinded in hostility. She didn't have any weapon on her but rather a thick long nails on each tip of her finger. She resembled a wild wolf.

The twins stomped their spear on the ground and stood straight with a wide grin plastered on their handsome face. They were brimming with excitement.

"Let's make a bet, if we can catch it let's force Venrie to cook something for us, if it ran away or we killed it let's cook something for Venrie."

"Deal!"

The twins made an agreement without even asking for the subject's consent. They had liked to make bets for both fun and motivation in every occasion.

Suddenly they swung their spear on a wide range towards the girl that even the sharp energy blow it gave off clashed with each other and caused a powerful impact.

Yet the girl still managed to dodge by jumping in a hair's breadth. She actually somersaulted in a high speed to some nearby tree trunk and tried to get away. She pounced from tree to tree by concentrating her strenght on the tip of her feet thus each time she leaped she flashed a hundred meters in a lightning speed.

Nevertheless the twins were able to catch up, in fact their speed were even faster with their flame wheels as enhancement. Each time the girl caught their sight, they would swung their spears swiftly yet the impact was not to be trifled with. Whenever the elegant spear flaunt, countless trees on its way were cut clean into halves.

The girl changed her manuever and route occasionaly, she ran by circling around in the pathless forest. She thought the twins were faster with a straight route thus she might be able to outrun them by running in curving manuever, but her calculation existed only to be betrayed. The twins were drifting half crazy and even mantained to grab her leg.

The twins were so fast, once Zhang Shun grabbed her leg, Zhang Shi was already aiming his spear to the girl's stomach, intending to nail the girl to the ground without killing it. However the girl was also fast and aggresive, she grabs the spearhead aimed at her with one hand, allowing her fingers to be cut off for the sake of killing the momentum as she immediately swung her sharp nailed free hand afterwards, causing Zhang Shi's arm to be teared up with big claw wound.

Zhang Shi had always been quick witted, the moment he felt the sting, he immediately grabs the ribbon tying his hair to tie it around his arm above his elbow tightly to prevent excessive blood loss. The wound was big and was gushing with red, dyeing the ripped shabby sleeve.