Chapter 8

Two hours and fifty minutes later

I was looking out the window of the limo as my leg laid out on the limo seat when I saw Ashford castle. We still had a short way to go, but I kept my gaze fixed outside as we crossed a small stone bridge, and into the parking lot. The limo driver brought us up to the very front of the castle. When we arrived up front, a gentleman opened the door to the limo and said "Dia duit Miss James a bhí againn ag súil leat!" he said to me. "Oh agat?" I replied "Sea Miss James, bhíomar ag súil leat le tamall."he replied. I quickly changed the subject, because I was beginning to feel like this visit to Ashford is something bigger than what I originally thought it was. "Is áit cho hálainn é Caisleán Ashford!!" I said "Tá súil agam go mbainfidh tú taitneamh as do fanacht le linn anseo ag Caisleán Áth na Fuinseoige agus a dhéanamh duit féin sa bhaile!" he replied to me, as Aedan came behind me, to help me into the Castle lobby. Go raibh maith agat! I replied to the man as Aedan and I ventured into the castle.

Translation: "Hello Miss James we were expecting you!" he said to me. "Oh you do?" I replied "Sea Miss James, we've been expecting you for some time." He replied. I quickly changed the subject, because I was beginning to feel like this visit to Ashford is something bigger than what I originally thought it was. "Ashford Castle is a beautiful place !!" I said "I hope you enjoy your stay here at Ashford Castle and do yourself at home!" he replied to me, as Aedan came behind me, to help me into the Castle lobby. Thank you! I replied to the man as Aedan and I ventured into the castle.

"Wow Lilly, I didn't know that you could speak Irish fluently." Aedan said to me, as I crutched my way inside towards the receptionists desk. "Well I guess I'm just full of surprises aren't I Aedan" I teased. "Indeed you are very surprising." Aedan replied. I chuckled slightly.

Aedan and I waited in line behind several other people who were checking in at the receptionist's desk. When we were at the front of the line, the woman greeted us. "Tráthnóna maith Ma'am and Sir, conas is féidir liom cabhrú leat inniu?" the woman said. Aedan looked over to me, and leaned in and whispered "I only learned a little of Irish, do you think you might be able to help me out a little here Lilly?" Aedan asked, his cheeks slightly red with embarrassment. "Of course, I will help you out Aedan, it would be my pleasure." I said back to him with a small smile. I turned back to the woman and replied "Tá forchoimeádas againn."Cad é an t-ainm ar an áirithint? " the woman then asked. I looked back to Aedan, with a questioning look. Aedan replied to the woman "McCarthy." the woman looked to her computer monitor on her left, typing something, before she looked back over to us and said "Ah, feicim do áirithinte anseo. Dhá sheomra ceart?" I looked over to Aedan and asked him "Two rooms right?" he quickly replied "Yes, that's exactly right." I looked back over to the woman and relayed the message "Sea, tá sé sin ceart. " I replied "Tá tú ar an dara hurlár i dhá staterooms." the woman behind the desk said. She reached behind her, and grabbed two skeleton keys and handed them to me. Before we could leave, the woman began to talk. "Is iad na Staterooms ár ráitis mhór maidir le háilleacht agus compord traidisiúnta, agus na saoráidí nua-aimseartha a d'fhéadfadh tú a bheith ag iarraidh a chur le chéile. Tá na seomraí iontacha ceaptha seo comhréireach go fial agus baineann siad uasteorainneacha ard le tuairimí Loch Coirib. Tá gach Stateroom lonnaithe sa chuid is sine den chaisleán, ag dul siar go dtí an 13ú agus an 17ú haois. Tá an chuid is mó leapacha ceithre póstaer agus teallaigh bhunaidh le troscán antique fíorúil. Tá seomraí folctha móra sna Staterooms agus cuimsíonn cuid acu folcadáin claw pedestal freisin." Aedan and I were just about to head to our rooms, when the woman at the desk said "Tá súil agam go mbainfidh tú taitneamh as do chuid fanacht anseo i gCaisleán Ashford. Ó agus Miss James, shíl mé go gcuirfí in iúl duit go tapa faoi ár stáblaí. Tá neart capaill againn a roghnaíonn tú, más mian leat turas a thógáil." I turned back around to face the young woman, and said to her "Go raibh maith agat, déanfaim breathnú cinnte ar na stáblaí." and with that, Aedan and I left to head to our rooms, exhaustion slowly eating away at my strength.