| 41 |

~=~

Avengers Headquarters; With Wanda's POV

  An explosion lit up the nearby trees, causing nervousness to envelop Wanda. "What is it?" She asked Vision hesitantly. A serious expression donned his face, but he had looked like that in the recent days.

  "Stay here, please," Vision responded, before phasing through the wall. He was soon out of her sight, going to investigate the cause of the explosion. That's when Wanda felt the familiar pulse of somebody's mind, causing her powers to send a knife straight at the newcomer.

  Before the knife hit it's mark, however, Wanda recognized the intruder as Clint. The knife was quickly stopped, suspended mid-air. Clint pushed away the knife with one of his gloved hands, which caused the Sokovian to note his familiar Hawkeye gear.

  "Guess I shoulda knocked." That would probably have been a surefire way to get killed.

  "Oh my God! What are you doing here?" Wanda asked as she walked toward Clint. She could feel her heart moving a mile per minute.

  "Disappointing my kids." Clint proceeded to shoot two arrows for what appeared to be no reason, but she was more focused on his confusing answer. Her mind immediately jumped to Astrilde, had something happened? "I'm supposed to go water skiing." Clint looked at the window, before grabbing Wanda's hand and starting to jog.

  "Cap needs our help. Come on."

  "Clint!" Vision's familiar voice cut through Wanda's jumbled thoughts. The duo froze, turning to face the android. "You should not be here."

  "Really? I retire for, what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit."

  "Please consider the consequences of your actions."

  "Okay, they're considered." Vision advanced on them, but was momentarily incapacitated by the two arrows Clint had shot earlier. Wanda fought back a flinch as she witnessed Vision struggled. Also, she was surprised, not much could render Vision paralyzed, and she knew she was one of the only people who could.

  "Okay, we gotta go," Clint told Wanda, before running off. She stood frozen in her tracks, her mind already calculating what would happen if she joined Clint versus stayed with Vision. She turned to Clint, who had noticed she hadn't followed. "It's this way," He said, pointing in the direction of the exit.

  "I've caused enough problems." She fiddled with her sleeves as she said so. Honestly, Wanda did want to join Cap and Clint, but she couldn't hurt more civilians just because she wanted something. She didn't realize when Clint had run back, until he was right in front of her.

  "You gotta help me, Wanda. Look, you wanna mope, you can go to high school. You wanna make amends, you get off your ass." Wanda was surprised by his words, and opened her mouth to speak. That was, until Clint cursed and a sound of Vision's powers made it known that he had escaped his electrical prison.

  Wanda had barely any time to get out of Vision's way before he attacked Clint. Worry shot through Wanda when Vision hit the other man backward. Clint muttered something, before attacking the android again. His efforts were fruitless, though, and soon the archer was soon in a headlock. She breathed heavily. It was then that she decided what she would do. Protect her friend.

  "Clint, you can't overpower me."

  "I know I can't. But she can," Clint responded, looking at Wanda. She had already molded her powers into a ball, walking threateningly toward Vision.