| 04 |

The picture above is what Astrilde is wearing for the party! (Not including the shoes)

~=~

  Astrilde fled from the group as soon as the quinjet touched the Avengers Tower landing platform. She needed space, which was something she wasn't going to get when she was near others. A brunette walked past the Asgardian as she ran into the building, but she didn't even acknowledge the other woman walking toward Steve.

  She was determined to get lost in endless hallways, the endless floors. Running with no purpose could serve you well if you wanted to forget something. At least, that's what happened with Astrilde. This way of dealing with her feelings kept them from getting the better of her.

  Through the fruitless journey through the tower, she arrived at a lab that seemed unused. Though it contained a few pieces of expensive lab equipment, there were also boxes littered around. Some tables also filled the space, all of them coated in a fine layer of dust. She flicked on the lights, which sputtered to life, covering the room in an LED glow.

  Astrilde surveyed the room hesitantly, uncomfortable with being in the unknown space. The slight smell of old chemicals made her feeling worse, but she knew they were long gone from the abandoned lab.

  She sighed, this place was the best one to be in when you desire to be alone. She lowly sunk down one of the walls, letting her mind wander. She needed time for herself, so that's what she was going to do.

---

  Astrilde sat in the room for what felt like hours, clearing her mind as best she could. Her methods of coping could be seen as extreme, but she knew that whatever method worked best would be most beneficial. However, just when it seemed she was finally and completely calm, she was jolted from her semi-dreamlike state by a person clearing their throat. She raised her head, eyes guarded. Secretly, she hoped that the signs of her crying were not displayed on her face, though she knew it was ignorant to hope so.

  "Stark thinks the party happening saturday could be beneficial. Help you get your mind off things," Natasha Romanoff's cool voice filled the room. Astrilde evaluated the woman for a second.

  "Is it he that truly believes so?" She asked, though she was sure she knew the answer. A silence followed her question, but that silence in itself told her everything she needed to know. Natasha cleared her throat again, though Astrilde was confident it was not to clear the awkward silence that fell over the room like a blanket.

  "Your brother has been raging through the halls trying to find you." The statement hung in the air like a fog.

  "He is not looking very hard."

  "J.A.R.V.I.S. insisted that you should have alone time. He refused to tell Thor of your whereabouts."

  "And Tony could not have asked?"

  "I may have had something to do with J.A.R.V.I.S.'s refusal. Let's just say he wouldn't even tell me your location." Natasha cracked a small smile at her words. It wasn't forced, but it also did not seem happy.

  "Thank you," Astrilde said in an unexplainably calm manner. It was like her personality had switched off, the excitement and energy all but vacant from the young woman's physical appearance. Astrilde sighed. "Could you tell my oaf of a brother to meet me on his floor if you get the chance?" She stood while she spoke, playing with some of the fabric on her armor.

  "Of course." Natasha responded, before leaving Astrilde to her own devices. It was then that she realized. If nobody could get a response out of J.A.R.V.I.S., not even Natasha, then how did said assassin find Astrilde?