| 20 |

~=~

New Avengers Headquarters - A Week Later; With Astrilde's POV

  Nervous hands fiddled with the right sleeve of a tight-fitting S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform. Astrilde was uncomfortable in the snug outfit, without a doubt. Asgard was particularly conservative, and though Astrilde wasn't nearly as old-fashioned as the rest of the aesir. Still, the curves accentuated with the outfit was not what she was used to. She could just imagine the patronizing glares her people would give her if they saw her current state. There would probably be mutters about how she should "dress like a royal" or "be presentable".

  She shuddered at the thought. Astrilde knew that royalty didn't suit her, with or without the disgusted murmurs she started receiving after straying from her birthright. Her power. Not to mention how her mental state had... deteriorated after said power severance.

  Astrilde shook her head, clearing it of any dark crevice she was about to encounter within the recesses of her mind. She had more pressing matters, like Avengers training. Wanda would be there, and though they had improved a bit relationship-wise, the Asgardian princess may or may not have been avoiding Wanda. Astrilde had disclosed a little too much to the younger girl, and something didn't sit right with her about that. So, it was better for her to ignore the other, even if it wasn't the nicest action.

  Brushing her hair through her hand, Astrilde gently opened one of the double doors to the training room. Vaulted ceilings and an entire glass wall met her gaze first. It was nice to be so close to the outside, since it reminded her of her late mother's gardens.

  With her self confirmation, she entered the room. The vaulted ceilings coupled with a glass wall to outside comforted the girl. The windows also helped the incurable claustrophobia Astrilde had developed during her stay with the evil robot Ultron. It was hard for her to fall asleep at night, even with the windows. Her heart skipped a beat at the thought, and decided to seek out the very woman she strived to avoid.

  It wasn't long until her eyes locked onto the certain brunette, who was practicing flight with her bright red powers emanating from her palms. Astrilde felt anxious, unwilling to have a conversation with Wanda just yet. She turned, pulling her sword from it's sheath at her side. It's metal gleamed as she studied it, but before she could put it to use at the nearest test dummy, Steve and Natasha opened the doors. She was only alerted to their presence by the sudden slam, her sword already angled in their direction.

  Steve caught her eye, and she sheepishly put the sword in it's sheath. "Today, we're going to go through sparring. It's essential for all of us to be on a high level physically, even without any powers." Steve looked pointedly at Wanda and Vision. "We're also hoping to test your capabilities compared to opponents equally or higher matched to yourself." Everybody nodded in understanding.

  "Vision will be with Steve, Sam with me. Wanda and Astrilde, you'll be together," Natasha then spoke, not missing a beat. Astrilde sighed, feeling as if the assassin had planned for the duo to be together. However, since Rhodey and Tony were absent, it was unavoidable.

  "I'm so screwed," Sam whispered under his breath. Astrilde smiled slightly, knowing that the man probably hadn't meant for anyone to hear him.

  "Astrilde," Wanda's voice jolted the Asgardian. Astrilde turned, realizing that Wanda was closer than she had assumed. The taller brunette looked nervous, clearly having as much inner conflict as Astrilde. That made her feel a bit better, and Astrilde could already feel herself straightening.