Chapter 8

Josie had been wandering about the hallways of the school. She had already been to her morning classes and was now looking for something to do. The witch had thought about visiting Lane but she heard Hope say something this morning about the hybrid sleeping in late. However Josie's thoughts were clouded by her emotions and soon enough she found herself standing outside Lane's dorm room.

The witch opened the door only slightly and peeked her head through. She found Lane still sound asleep curled into her blankets. Josie felt her lips curling into a smile at how cute the hybrid looked. Most days Lane wore a brooding look upon her face, but when she was asleep Josie noticed just how peaceful she looked. Josie's eyes averted to the alarm clock next to Lane's bed and saw that it had been 10:30. She made her way closer to the girls bed and began to wake the girl up. She knew Lane would most likely be a tad grumpy, but her day had to start at some point.

"Laney, hey come on wake up." Josie whispered while shaking the girl gently. Lane groaned in response still half asleep. "Come on get up you have to start your day."

"Hope just go away," Lane grumbled into her pillow not realizing who she was actually talking to.

"I hate to break it to you baby, but I'm not Hope." Josie chuckled while sitting next to Lane on the bed. Immediately Lane's eyes shot open in realization. She quickly flipped over in Josie's direction and smiled drowsily.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were Hope. If I had known it was you I wouldn't had been so grumpy." The hybrid explained while stretching her arms out.

"That's ok, we're all a little moody when we wake up sometimes." Josie said as she tucked a stray piece of hair behind Lanes ear.

"So what brought you here?" Josie quirked her eyebrow at Lane. "Not that I'm not happy to see you because I totally am. I was just curious is all." Josie snickered at the hybrid rambling.

"Well I got bored and figured I'd come and see you. So here I am." Josie explained.

"Here you are," Lane repeated, the hybrid wrapped her arms around the girls waist and pulled her down onto the bed, cuddling into the girls side. Josie laughed and began to play with the ends of Lane's hair. The two simply laying there enjoying one another's company.

"You're not going back to sleep Lane." Josie said while nudging the girl. Lane simply cuddled her head further into the Saltzman girls shoulder.

"Why not," Lane groaned not wanting to get up. Lane felt relaxed next to Josie, listening to the girls steady breaths. She could see no reason to get up and leave.

"Because it's kind of a big day, and I could really use your help." The witch now sat up causing Lane to do the same. The hybrid looked at Josie confused.

"Why's today so important? Did I miss another school monster meeting or something?" Lane joked. Josie gave the girl a small grin shaking her head.

"Well there was a meeting but it was about electing student council representatives for each faction of the school." Josie explained.

"And you want me to help you run." Lane asked as she played with the tasseled ends of her blanket.

"No I'm helping Lizzie campaign actually, and I could really use some help if you're up for it." Josie suggested hopefully. She didn't want to pressure the hybrid into anything but she would really appreciate her company.

"I suppose I can take time out of my oh so busy schedule to help." Lane said sarcastically, Josie smacked the girls shoulder lightly and smiled wide happy that Lane had agreed to help.