Chapter 6

This mornings usual activities for the students of The Salvatore School had been disrupted, by one Alaric Saltzman calling another assembly. This irked Lane tremendously, not only had she planned to spend time with Josie. The hybrid girl also wanted to try and make amends with Hope, being that the Mikealson has not said a word to her since there interaction outside the nurses office.

Lane continued her thoughts while walking into the room where the meeting was being held. She took a moment to look around and look for an open seat. As she looked around her eyes landed on Hope, with an open seat next to her. Lane made her way toward the girl, however once Hope had realized that Lane was coming to sit by her she quickly pulled a random boy walking by into the seat Lane had been walking toward.

The hybrid felt hurt by her best friends actions. Lane completely understood why Hope was upset yesterday, but she was confused as to why the Mikealson was avoiding her all together. Lane gazed at Hope trying to gain the girls attention, but no such luck existed as the tribrid kept her stare forward and away from Lane.

Lane sighed and began to look for another seat to sit in. She had spotted an open seat in the back and was making her way around, but she soon felt a soft hand wrap around her wrist and pull her down onto a chair. Lane soon came to realize it was Josie who had grabbed her.

"Josie, you scared me for a second there. I didn't know who had grabbed me." Lane whispered to the girl since everyone had begun to quite down.

"I didn't know that 'big bad hybrids' ever got scared." Josie said playfully, she loved to tease Lane.

"You're a jerk." Lane giggled, and slightly shoved the girl.

"I'm only joking, you big baby." Josie said while leaning over and kissing Lane on the cheek. Josie and Lane smiled at one another, and then gave their attention to Alaric who had just entered the room.

Lane listened to Alaric talk for some time, he went on about how a local girl had gone missing. The hybrid tuned him out for a majority of the time. She only began to listen however when he had asked for the students help. Alaric had asked for volunteers to go to Mystic High and find out as much information about Dana's whereabouts as possible. This meaning the could compel students or do magic to get the information needed.

Lane watched as Lizzie stood up, "Well I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day because that's what heroes do. So I volunteer as tribute." Lane couldn't help but laugh a little at Lizzie's speech. Josie slapped the girls arm indicating her to stop laughing and take the matter at hand seriously.

The hybrid watched as others like Caleb and MG stood and volunteered themselves to go. To be honest Lane has no interest in going. That was until she saw Hope stand up, Lane realized that this could be her opportunity to talk with Hope.

   "I'll go." Lane announced while standing up. The moment those words left her lips she regretted them. The last time she had offered her help, she got launched across an entire room, but none the less she would do this task in order to talk with Hope.

   As Lane sat down once again she could feel Hope's glare burning into the back of her head. Clearly she hadn't been happy with Lane going to Mystic High.

   "If looks could kill Laney, you'd already be 6 feet under with the daggers you're getting from Hope." Josie said, while she drew unknown shapes into Lane's palm with her fingers.

   "Yeah, she's not exactly happy with me right now." Lane said, with a tone of sadness which didn't go unnoticed by Josie.

   "I'm sorry." Josie said, she felt bad for Lane and hated to see her upset over something like this. "Hey how about when you get back we go hang out some place. Any place you want to go will go there." Josie suggested in an effort to cheer the sulking hybrid next to her up. At these words Josie saw Lane's body perk up and a smile crept onto her face.