Chapter 13:The Proposal

I left the room feeling more guilty than ever. I forced myself to push away these feelings. I had already established that I wanted him to be mine, I wanted to marry him.

I hoped that Eliza would be able to get over this....

~A week later~

Alexander and I had been on a few dates. All was going well. But, Eliza refused to talk to me. That was the only thing wrong, but it still managed to ruin everything.

I just wished she could be happy for me, like a sister would. But it's because of this dilemma.

As Alex and I walked along the sidewalk, I latched onto his arm. I was wearing a fluffy pink dress, gold lace lined around my waist and  had gold lace making a loop design at the bottom of the dress. Hamilton wore his usual army outfit.

When we finally got a bit closer to home, he stopped me. "Angelica.." Hamilton said softly, "yes Alexander?" I replied. "I'm..I'm in love with you.." he smiled.

"Y-you are..?" I asked. "Yes.." he replied. "I..I'm in love with you as well, Alexander.." I told him.

"Really..?"

"Yes.."

"Well then..this would be the perfect time.." he got down on one knee and I gasped.

"Angelica Schuyler..will you make me the happiest man in the world...and marry me..?"

I was over the moon happy. "Yes! Of course I will Alexander! I'd love to!" I slipped on the ring and as he got up, I gave him a passionate kiss.

~At home~
Soon after, he dropped me off at my house and kissed me goodnight(ifyouknowyouknow). He left and I went inside. "Everyone gather around! I have an announcement!" I shouted.

I ran to my parents room and told them the good news. They were so happy for me. We all hugged and cried a little. "What's going on in here?" Peggy peeped her head in through the entrance curiously.

"Look Peggs! Alexander proposed!!" I told her excitedly. "Oh..uh..congrats." She said, having a small smile. Peggy was never really big on love and romance and stuff. "How you gonna tell Eliza?" She asked.

"What do you mean, Peggy? Eliza will be so happy! Too bad she's sleeping." My mother said. "Oh..right. Of course she will..." Peggy replied, her voice trailing off. I hadn't known that she knew what was happening. Either she picked it up herself or Eliza told her..or maybe both.

Peggy left the room, yawning and I was still so excited and happy. "Well, I should get to bed. But can you believe it? I'm gonna be a wife soon!" I squealed. "I'm very proud of you, we all are.." my father said, kissing my forehead.

"Thank you, father. Goodnight!" I ran out of the room, still in my fluffy dress. I then went into my room and began undressing and dressing into my white nightgown.

I fell asleep, feeling like the happiest women in the world. And it was true! I was so very happy! I just..didn't know how I'd tell Eliza..it might've made her hate me more. I probably should of thought about that before I...no! I don't regret saying yes!

This was my decision. Eliza will just have to get over it!

{Hey guys! Sorry I didn't upload last week. I was a bit busier than usual and I also had a little bit of writer's block. It wasn't that bad though and it's currently Saturday at 11:47 PM so I'd say that I've made some progress(I'm sorry). But yeah uh..I hope you liked it. Bye byeee}