Chapter 4:Connection

(Eliza's P.O.V)
John and I danced and danced. I felt a connection. I was unsure of what kind but it was just..there. I stared into his eyes as we danced, him occasionally taking glances away. Eventually, the song ended. "Thank you, Laurens" I said and curtsied to him. "You're..um..welcome." He said hesitantly while bowing. I latched onto his arm again and we walked off the dance floor. "John?" I asked him. "Y-yes?" He answered. "How close are you to Hamilton?" I asked. "Uh-um well..." he scratched the back of his head. Then all of the sudden, speak of the devil, Alexander and Angelica came up to us. "Hey, Eliza." Angelica smiled. "Hello.." I said. "John!" "Alex!" They boys yelled and hugged each other. Angelica and I looked at them. They went off and talked. "Eliza..I've been thinking about what you said.." Angelica looked up at me. "You have? Oh, thank you Angelica. You're an amazing sister!" I quickly hugged her. "Um....I decided that if I see something that I want first, then I have the right to have it. " I slowly pulled away from the hug and looked at her in disbelief. "I'm sorry, Eliza."
Angelica left to go mingle with some others.
I felt so heartbroken. But..she was right. She had the right to have him as she had seen him first.

(John's P.O.V.)
"So, we both got Schuyler's!" Alex smiled then nudged me with his elbow a bit. "Haha, yeah. Uhh..." I scratched my head and glanced away while sweating a bit and blushing a little. "What? What's wrong?" Alex asked. "I just...um...I don't really think we'd be a good match. Y'know?" "Oh that's ridiculous. C'mon, you just need to ease into it." "Ok then, I'm just not ready for anything yet." I blurted out in annoyance. "Not ready? What do you mean not ready?" Alex looked at me, concerned. "I just mean I'm not ready for any type of relationship." I glanced away for a few seconds. "Fine, whatever.." Alex sighed.

{So I'm really sorry this is short, I'll make the next chapter long. This week's been busy. I had tests and homework and I've barley had time to myself. But, thanks for reading anyways! Bye!}