Chapter 4: Transformation

Megatron looked down at the Autobot femme he has cradled in his servos. He no longer bears resemblance to when Unicron possessed his Cybertronian form. He is back in his former form, back in his silver and purple glory. Yet, something was different about him.

Arcee could feel the venom rendering her circuits inactive. As she began to spasm, Megatron quickly rushed her towards Ratchet. The medic was taken aback at the sight of the Decepticon warlord holding Arcee in his servos.

"The Predacon's venom is coursing in her system," Megatron said, setting Arcee down gently. Ratchet was still dumbstruck when a servo tapped at his helm, waking him up from his surprised state. Megatron held up a vial of Predacon anti-venin and handed it to the medic. "Get her out of here with the humans," he ordered, his blade sliding out from beneath his cannon. "I'll deal with these. . . Predacon scum."

Megatron leaped into the air, tackling one of the Scourge and blasting the face of another. He was still the ruthless gladiator of the Kaon Pits, the unrelenting warlord of the Cybertronian Wars. His blade wrote finis to all who crossed his path. Now the odds were a bit evened!

Knockout barely got Wheelie away from the firefight when he caught sight of Megatron fighting off the Predacons. His jaw dropped for he can't believe his optics. Megatron, his former leader, came to their rescue!

"Starscream would be terrified if he finds out about this," he said, a bit of hope surging in his spark. Ratchet came towards him with Arcee unconscious across his back. The humans were right behind him.

Raf was looking back at the strange sight he'd just seen. "Guys! Isn't that Megatron?" he called over to Miko.

"You got to be jokin' me," uttered Miko as Megatron ripped out a new one on a Reptilicon. In the time they did battle with the Decepticons, this is the first time she had actually seen Megatron fight. Compared to Optimus, Megatron has the power and agility of a seasoned warrior. She felt Jack's hand yank her from her astonishment.

"Ratchet's taking us to safety," he said, watching as their former enemy fought it out with the Predacons, the Vehicons obeying his every command. "I don't know what his motives are but let us take this opportunity to regroup."

"Okay," Miko nodded.

Grimwing didn't see the clenched servo hit him across the faceplate. The newcomer is strong! Even with the Scourge and his comrades fighting together, they couldn't seem to get an upper hand. Yet something is familiar in the mech's aura. Something dark, evil, all-consuming. He fell on his rear for the fourth time, wiping away the energon that seeped at the corner of his helm.

A glowing blade was drawn to his neck, threatening to slice through the cabling. "Yield," Megatron said menacingly, "And I shall spare your existence."

"And if I don't?" Grimwing spat, feeling the energon seep at his neck cabling.

Megatron smirked. "There had been too much bloodshed between our races, on this world and in our own." He looked down upon the lifeless sparkling at his feet. "Let us not repeat what our last war has taken from us." He drew back his blade but kept it poised at Grimwing's helm. "Take your Cons back and leave the humans be."

"They have desecrated our breeding grounds, taken away our sparklings," Ripclaw cried. "The humans must pay!"

"Is that right?" Megatron asked, looking at her holding up her broken claw. The other Predacons had been subdued, held at bay by his Vehicons. He turned once more towards Grimwing. "I shall deal with this ... human ... problem. In return, I ask nothing but your cooperation. Leave the humans be, or so face my wrath."

"Why should we believe you?" Grimwing asked.

"I give you my word," Megatron said, retracting his blade into his cannon's sheath, saying, "My word as a Prime."