Chapter 21: Into Legend - Part One

The Chaos Bringer never stood a chance at the might of the Cybertronian forces. The Four Sigils gave them the upper edge to tip the balance in their favor. But Unicron would not yield to their might, even when trapped inside his creation. He created more of his minions from the broken bodies around him, filling them with his power.

     Megatron and his two comrades rode upon Predaking's back, keeping the Four Sigils charged with their close proximity to each other. Predaking breathed out a jet of white hot flames, searing the Terrorcons gathered at the entrance to the Chaos Bringer's interior. They charged through, sending the Terrorcons crashing into heaps of broken metal scraps.

     They broke through the heart of the monster, and within the chamber lay the core. Unicron looked through the glassy prison he's gotten himself trapped by accident. But even within his containment, his influence still reached beyond the limits of the walls binding him. Images of his persona rose out of the floor, taking in solid form as Terrorcons.

     Ultra Magnus stepped forward when he noticed a twisted piece of scrap metal before him. He picked it up and looked intently at it. He brought the shining Forge of Solus to it and the scrap metal reformed itself into the Matrix of Leadership! He held it towards Megatron.

     "You are our Prime," he said. Miko reached up to the Matrix and something shimmered from within her. She reached for it and brought out her cellphone. It was glowing with power!

     "Dude!" she breathed as Cybertronian symbols began scrolling through the screen. "Ahh! I'm possessed! How come I can read your language this fast? This is crazy!"

     Her cellphone suddenly burst into light, shooting into the Matrix! The relic flew out of Ultra Magnus's servo and hovered before them. He looked at their Prime, who gave him a knowing nod of his helm.

     "In our darkest hour," Megatron said, taking one side of the Matrix.

     "Let our light shine," Ultra Magnus added, taking the other side.

     They pulled the Matrix apart and light, brighter than the Energon Sun, exploded! The Terrorcons melted from the light. Unicron screamed in agony as the Matrix and the Four Sigils began to wreak havoc within the Chaos Bringer. Explosions erupted around the giga-mech, breaking out from within the monster. The Cybertronian and Predacon forces began to withdraw as the Chaos Bringer rose up from the planet's surface. As it rose, the dark energon spewing out of it began shimmering, turning crystalline! The purified energon rained upon the planet, driving the Deathworms beneath the ground. The zombified Cybertronians dropped to the ground, their frames shaking violently as the larvae began dying out of exposure to the purified energon. Medical and military personnel rushed to aid their downed kinsmech.

     The Dreadnought followed the ascent of the Chaos Bringer as more violent explosions wracked its frame. From the bridge, Jazz, Ratchet, and the Autobot and Decepticon teams, gathered to watch as another one of Unicron's minions fell. Perceptor watched the monitors as scanners indicated increased explosive activity within.

     "Wait! Prime and the others are still inside it!" Ramjet exclaimed.

     "Let's have faith in them, 'Con," Jazz said reassuringly. "They've come this far."

     From the monitors, they saw something dash out of the raging holocaust. Predaking flew with Miko and Ultra Magnus in his claws with Megatron is in his alt mode flying just beside them. They were in such a haste to leave, barely gotten far enough when a fiery servo reached out to grab them. It caught Predaking, making him drop his cargo. Miko grabbed on to Ultra Magnus as they fell when Megatron came sweeping in from below them. The two grabbed on to Megatron's cannon as they flew back to rescue Predaking.