26

◆ ◇◆ ◇◆ ◇◆ ◇◆ ◇

◆ ◇◆ ◇◆ ◇◆ ◇◆ ◇

                    SEASON 01, EPISODE 11, PART 02

                            ◆ ◇◆ ◇◆ ◇◆ ◇◆ ◇

"Sammy, I promise I'm okay," Delaney promised to Sam.

Sam had snuck away from Dean to call Delaney while they stopped to get gas. According to Sam, Dean had picked up the phone twice to try and call her but both times he just pocketed his phone again. Sam thought it was because he just didn't know what to say to her at the moment because this was the worst fight the youngest and eldest Winchester had ever had.

It had never escalated to the point where he called Delaney a brat. Delaney didn't think she had ever heard that come from him before - at least not directed towards her. She had never stormed away from him to another state or didn't hug him a half hour later like nothing had happened. Anytime it came to an argument about their dad it always meant bad news, but never this bad.

"I can't help but worry about you, Delly. Now that you know what's out there and these things know you know, it's not safe for you to be alone like this. States away where Dean and I can't get to you in a second and save you. I know Dean's stubborn, but he's been awfully quiet for him since we separated. I think he knows what he did wrong and just won't admit to it. You know he loves you and means well right?" Sam asked, checking out the Impala window to make sure Dean was still in the gas station's little store getting them road food.

"I know, Sam. I love him too, but sometimes he just takes this whole Dad thing too far, you know? He needs to accept the fact that Dad and I's relationship will always be strained. I know I pushed Dean this time too, but we know where Dad is now, Sammy. We can help him track down this demon and kill it."

"Del, I understand where you're coming from. Trust me, I do. However, Dad does know what he is doing and he just doesn't want us three getting hurt. This demon is not like the ones we have been facing these past few months. He's real deal, top level demon. He's just trying to protect us, kiddo," Sam explained.

Delaney sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She knew Sam was right. She hated it when he was right because then it always made her feel guilty for fighting with Dean. Delaney was pretty sure that was why Sam did it because he was always the buffer between his two siblings. He always was there to be the mediator and fix the problem for them and get them both to see they were being children.

"I know, Sam, but..." Delaney trailed off when she saw a guy sitting on a suitcase a few feet away from her. It seemed as if he were waiting for something, but she wasn't sure what. This road was completely deserted except for the two of them. She wondered what he was doing here.