Chapter 73

Tamani walked over to the phone. Staring at it, as if it could bite him. He carefully picked it up. He opened the phone (it didn't have a password) and saw on the screen, the notes app. He pressed one note titled, "Read after I die." Tamani's eyebrows creased, making a line form in the middle of his forehead. He pressed the button and a long paragraph appeared on the screen. Tamani read it in his head.

Dear families,

I just want you to know that I didn't want to leave you. I did what I did to save our families, and I'm glad that I died in an honorable way. I love you all. I wish I could have gotten both of my wishes. To still be alive and to save the children. I love all of you.

Rose, I love you so much. I never wanted to leave you, and I wasn't planning on it for another good 50 years. I love you and that is why I'm saying this: I want you to move on. Meet someone else, and fall in love again. I want your life to be complete, so please don't mourn me for the rest of your life. You know I wouldn't want that for you. Ever.

To Jackie and Jenna: My girls! I love you two. You were my first born and I loved you and WILL love you for the rest of your life. My love will be with you always. Even though I'm not here with you- I will always be with you in your heart. You two are going to grow up and do great things in the world. You are going to fall in love and start a family of your own. And you will understand, one day, why I had to leave you. I hope you love Harry Potter, and all of your other obsessions, for the rest of your lives. You two are going to live a long, beautiful life, and I'm sorry I was only a part of it for 13 years. I want you to have a copy of Chelsea's book, so that you can remember me, even if it was my high school self.

Augustus, my little boy, you are going to grow up and do great things, as well. I hope you pursue your dream of becoming a lawyer. You will go to college (I hope), fall in love, and make a beautiful life of your own. Later in your life, you probably won't remember anything about me. I want you to take a copy of Chelsea and I's book so that you can remember me. I was only in your life for the first eight years, but I loved you with all of my heart and soul. I want you to know that. That I love you. Always.

To Laurel, even though I stopped loving you in a romantic way, I always loved you. You were a large part in my life and I want to thank you so much for how you cared- care for me. You are going to live like a hundred and fifty more years... You're family is beautiful and make sure they know that I love them. Thank you, Laurel.

Tamani... What can I say? We had our differences in high school. I know that. We both loved Laurel. And in high school, I despised you for that... But when I got over it, you and I became friends. Best friends, might I add. You helped me. You said to Laurel that I deserved a new start. You cared about me. And for that I'm grateful. I realize that there was one thing I never apologized for.

Chelsea, I wish your family all the best. I love you, and Jason, and everyone else in your family. I wish I didn't have to say goodbye like this. I wish I didn't have to say goodbye at all.

With much love,

David.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my Hecate. I cried while writing that. Like. Wow. Sorry I didn't get to post this earlier. I had 4 hours of homework. I'm not even joking. I get like that much a day. I was lucky today and only got an hour, but I finished it all in Study Hall.

I went from a public school and just moved to the other coast of FL and now I'm in a college prep private school and I get soooo much HW. I'm actually writing an essay about Tris from Divergent for my personality essay lol.

I try to relate things in school to fandoms to make it more fun for me!

Thanks so much for reading!