With how the Amps were arranged, it seemed to be extremely unstable, like a single step out of place was enough to send the entire thing toppling down to our demise. I don't know if the slight wobbling under my feet was real or just my mind.

Mordecai and I approached the sleeping man, and I noticed that now, Fresh had a white bandage across his forehead, with a small pink stain on the side of it. He's not dead, his chest's rising and falling, I don't know how to feel about that. Fresh was sprawled out on his back, and he no longer wore his plain shirt or his leather jacket, he just lay there wearing nothing but that ripped t-shirt I saw in the cave, as well as his pants. Strangely enough, he didn't take off his boots.

I nudged his shoulder with my foot, and Fresh snorted.

"Fresh?" I called out. "Fresh, wake up"

'Go awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...' He mumbled as he rolled over, and shortly after, he started snoring again.

Are you kidding me? I thought to myself as I started nudging him more.

"Fresh, Fresh! Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh"

He rolled over onto his back, sprawled himself over the entirety of the centre of the amp, and opened his eyes. He looked up, stared for a moment, and smiled.

"Well, ain't this a lovely sight to wake up to"

I raised my eyebrow confused until I realised what he was staring at.

Following this, I immediately stepped away, pressed my dress close to my body and felt my cheeks go red.

"WERE YOU STARING AT MY PANTIES?"

'Hey, it was in plain sight, how can I not?'

"YOU PERVERT"

'Could you really blame me? I woke up, looked straight up and I just saw it.'

"You're delirious from that blow to the head"

'Delirious?' He scoffed. He sat up, yawned and rubbed his eyes. 'Honey, I've just woken up.'

Fresh's eyes looked fine, only slightly dazed, tired and dull. It must be more from the fact that he had just woke up than the blow to the head, but something about the look in them suggests that it may be from something else entirely.

He looked around and spotted Mordecai standing nearby.

"Oh, hey, Kai!"

'Mor-Mordecai.' He blinked.

"Mordecai, right, sorry, so how're you feeling?"

'I've got a bit of a headache, but other than that, I'm okay. Yourself?'

"Well, everything's slightly wobbly, but I can manage." He smiled. "I see it was a success?"

'It is.'

'What is?' I butted in.

"Mordecai now has free will." Fresh sighed. He doesn't seem to be too happy about it. "It's the most I can do since I can't uncorrupt him"

'Why? Why did you give him free will?'

"Why?" He laughed. "Well, I was afraid you would tear my head off if I didn't."

Something about his voice suggested a lie.

'Aren't you gonna punish me?' My forearms pressed themselves against my chest.

Fresh just laughed.

"Punish? Sweetheart, I'm in the wrong here, you just acted because of my mistake."

'What mistake?'

"I corrupted your boyfriend there, I'm pretty sure that-"

'Boyfriend? Fresh, Mordecai's gay.'

A moment of silence passed as the word Gay echoed through the sky.

"What?"

'I said he's gay.'

"...Wait, as in Homosexual or extremely happy?"

'Homosexual, Oh my God Fresh, how long have you been sleeping in that cavern for?'

"...Oh."

'Are you against it?'

"Nononono, I'm not, I fully support him, I just- You seemed awfully passionate about his corruption."

'...He's one of the few people who treats me like a person.'

Fresh fell silent and his expression darkened.

"...Mordecai, you may leave now."

'Okay, Why?'

The expression on Fresh's face suggested that he wasn't accustomed to a Corrupted questioning their orders.

"I need to talk with (Y/N) privately."

'Okay, hurt her and you're dead meat, alright?'

"I know, same with you."

'...How do I get down?'

Fresh muttered something under his breath as he stood up, strode over to his servant, and literally lifted him up over his head. Mordecai obviously didn't know how to react to this, the look on his face says it all, I'm pretty sure this was the first time he was ever carried by such a large, muscular dude, and I just blinked.

Then Fresh walked over to the edge, and literally threw him off.

"MORDECAI!" I screamed as my feet mindlessly stumbled towards the edge, and I was just about to jump off after him when Fresh hoisted me up with his big, warm hands, holding me back and putting me back to a safe distance from the edge. I could vaguely hear Mordecai's own surprisingly high pitched screaming, before a THUD

Followed several seconds later with a: "Oh Hey, I'm okay!"

I looked down and was expecting to see a pink pile of crumpled broken limbs, but instead I saw Mordecai on his two feet, not even phased from the height he just fell from. Mordecai's probably one of the clumsiest people I know, and yet he landed on his feet, without a single bone looking broken, gracefully like a cat.

"Next time you get off my throne, take the shortcut, the scenic route takes too long!" Fresh called out. After he made sure that Mordecai was out of sight, he finally turned towards me.

'What's gonna happen, are you gonna tell me- Aaah!'

Fresh interrupted my sentence by yanking my wrist from my body and holding it out.

I could hear my own heartbeat in my ears and palms start sweating. Why was he doing this? I don't feel safe, I want my wrists back against my body.

"Sweetheart," He began. His voice was quiet and soft, expression dark and his free hand clenched into a white-knuckled fist. He eyed my wrists carefully with mixed emotions swimming in his pink eyes. Anger. Disbelief. Pain.

"I want you to tell me how you got these scars."